We are Zego, a global insurtech scale-up providing cover that creates possibilities.
In an ever-changing world, insurance is struggling to keep up. Through the power of emerging technologies, we are creating fairer products designed for the 21st century.
Zego has a truly international and inclusive team, unified by great ideas and collaborative thoughtfulness. Our people are the most important part of our story and everyone plays an essential role in our journey.
In 2019, we closed our series B funding round, raising $42M from top-tier investors that will fuel our growth into new territories and the expansion of our product portfolio. In 2018 we were listed as one of the top 3 disruptors to watch on the Sunday Times Fast Track 100. We were also listed in Wired magazine as one of the 5 hottest startups in London. In 2019, we were listed in the Fintech 50 and placed number 7 in the Startups 100. More recently, we were accepted into the Tech Nation Future 50 2020 cohort - solidifying our place as one of the UK’s most exciting and influential tech companies.
We look for people who have expertise, enthusiasm and who are motivated by change. There’s plenty of room to learn and grow, as part of our ongoing training programmes or directly from other experts. You’ll work alongside a talented group of people who respect each other's differences and seek to understand fresh perspectives.
We are now looking for a complaints handler to join our Customer Experience Team and play a key role in Zego’s growth in the UK and internationally. At Zego we are revolutionising our approach to Customer Services, and we now have a brilliant opportunity for a talented Complaints handler to join the team.
About the role
- Manage the resolution of all client complaints following initial acknowledgment.
- Research and resolve complaint cases through analysis of all facts and related documentation and appropriately partnering with internal and external partners to source information.
- You would produce written communications that are accurate, concise, well organized ensuring correspondence is within regulatory and organizational compliance requirements
- Demonstrates thorough knowledge of complaints rules and internal and industry requirements for handling and reporting complaints. Assists in complaints reporting to management, senior leaders, QA assessors and compliance teams.
- Maintains control of work load through actively monitoring and updating applicable systems (including CRM) and maintaining internal/external customer contact where required. Actively engaging in improving the customer experience through participation in feedback sessions and process improvement discussions.
- FCA Compliance knowledge hand in hand with customer service experience.
- You are passionate about being part of building something in a collaborative environment.
- You are passionate about people and encourage self learning.
- You have a strong interest in startups and you are motivated to disrupt a traditional industry and challenge people to see insurance from a new perspective.
- You are tech savvy and always eager to learn more.
- You are naturally good at connecting with people and understanding the needs of others.
- Your friends would describe you as someone with a high EQ.
- You are self-motivated and want to be successful.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or disability status.
- Able to work a 40-hour shift pattern between the hours of 9am-7pm Mon-Sun.
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Ability to multitask.
- Background in Insurance and FCA complaints exposure.
- Identify individual and team skills gaps that relate to FCA standards.
- Full knowledge of Insurance complaints handling processes within regulations.
- You’ll work closely with our Quality Assessors and compliance teams.
- Liaise with managers to ensure and improve efficiency of processes.
- Maintain and grow training materials to keep improving the complaints process.
- Opportunity for project work to enhance our customer service offerings.
- Providing daily feedback on outstanding complaints and on key stages of the journey.
- A respectful team player who can manage their own time well and a passion for delivering results.
- Comfortable working in a fast paced environment.
- Intuitive in understanding problems and efficient in solutions.