Occupational Therapist - Band 6 / 7
We are currently looking for experienced Band 7 Occupational Therapist/Physiotherapists
to join the team at our Kent & Medway Wheelchair Service Centre based in Ashford.
We are a fast growing business and a leading provider of Healthcare Service solutions including Wheelchair Services. We work closely with NHS and Social Care Organisations providing a complete outsourced wheelchair service that significantly reduces costs, delivers better quality and an enhanced patient experience.
Our mission is to provide a unique service that will ensure all service users receive the care, assessment and mobility equipment at the time they require it to enable them to achieve theirs and their families' goals.The role:
- Be responsible for using advanced clinical skills in the assessment of adults and children, and in provision of complex wheelchairs with associated posture management and pressure management accessories.
- Provide guidance and supervision of junior staff in ensuring quality of a clinical service, and working in partnership with local voluntary sector and statutory services and for ensuring we deliver our vision of a "Chair in a Day".
- As a qualified Occupational Therapist/Physiotherapist with strong people skills, you will be responsible for driving the quality of frontline services to our service users, keeping this initiative as a beacon or our work.
- We are looking for a highly motivated individual who is keen to balance their experience of managing a customer focused service with a clinical caseload.
- Strong interpersonal and diplomacy skills combined with the ability to manage a varied workload are essential for this exciting position.
What can we offer you?
- A BSc degree or diploma in Occupational Therapy or Physiotherapy
- Current HCPC registration
- Previous experience of working as an Occupational Therapist/Physiotherapist at AFC Band 7 level working with patients with long term or deteriorating medical conditions.
- Experience of staff supervision
- Previous experience of assessing for wheelchairs and/or postural equipment is essential
- Previous knowledge of the public sector would be an advantage
- Current full UK driving licence is essential
If you feel you have the skills and experience to excel in the role we want to hear from you. Please click APPLY below to register your interest.
- Competitive salary in line with NHS payscales
- 5% enhanced employer contribution pension scheme
- Private Medical Insurance
- Life Assurance
- Company Sick Pay
- Up to 33 days holiday including bank holidays
- Staff benefit scheme 200+ exclusive perks and discounts from leading retailers and leisure outlets
This role is working in a regulated activity and may be subjected to an enhanced DBS disclosure.
No terminology in the advert you have seen is intended to discriminate on the grounds of age, gender, race, colour, religion, disability or sexual orientation, and we will gladly accept applications from all sections of the community.