Knowing that you're making a difference to people's lives is rewarding in itself. But our many roles offer much more than that. As well as helping you grow and develop your talent, we want you to feel proud of where you work and what you do.
Job Advert Role Description
Pelham Woods is an inpatient rehabilitation service which is well placed to serve the south east of England and provides for the needs of women who have complex mental health problems, personality difficulties and in some instances, a history of challenging behaviour.
The hospital is set in picturesque grounds overlooking the Surrey Hills and has extensive facilities including onsite Gym, Purpose Built Bake off Kitchen aswell as Occupational and Educational Facilities.
Pelham Woods has a motivated mutli- disciplinary team and as a member of that team you will be encouraged and supported to to contribute to positive patient outcomes and the sites ongoing success.
An exciting opportunity has arisen for an Occupational Therapist to join our dynamic and enthusiastic therapy team. We are looking for someone with experience working within Womens Mental health Services
Applicants will be required to:
• Engage the patients on the unit in helpful, therapeutic and meaningful activity.
• Manage and co-ordinate individual treatment plans for occupational therapy and activities
• Provide 1:1 OT assessment and treatment
• Ensure effective superivsion to more junior staff
• Develop close working relationships with professional and clinical colleagues ensuring clinical practice is in line with Priory policies and procedures and complies with statutory regulations and quality standards specifically regarding risk assessment.
• Provide excellent oral and written communication and possess exceptional organisational skills
BSc (Hons) in Occupational Therapy together with full BAOT membership and HPC registration is required and previous experience would be preferred. However a newly qualified individual with previous work experience may also fulfil the criteria. Experience in working with a specific therapy modality (such as CBT, DBT etc.) would be an advantage.
If you are an enthusiastic, authentic and motivated then this could be the exciting and challenging role for you.
Some of the benefits we offer are:-
- Free onsite meals and free onsite parking
- Private Medical Cover and Life Assurance
- Contributory Pension Scheme
- 25 Days annual leave + Bank Holidays
- Career Development and continuous learning and development
- Voluntary benefits including childcare vouchers and car leasing
- Full Extensive Training Induction plus opportunities to do further training while in the role.
Division DBS info
We want to invest in you and your future! Find out about our career pathways:
From education to hospitals, care homes and secure facilities, the Priory Group of Companies offers individually tailored, multidisciplinary treatment programmes for those with complex educational needs or requiring acute, long-term and respite mental healthcare.
The integrated strength of each service provides a seamless transition for the individual as they progress between higher and lower dependency care and across services. This unique approach ensures that every individual has the opportunity to achieve the best possible outcomes and quality of life with the Priory Group.
As 85% of our services are publicly funded and delivered in partnership with commissioners, our teams work with commissioning bodies across the country to provide transparent pricing models and evidence-based care programmes.
All roles will be subject to a successful disclosure at an appropriate level from the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS), Access NI or Disclosure Scotland. Priory Group will cover the cost of a DBS check for all successful applicants. We are an equal opportunities employer.