Behind our fantastic frontline team, we have a team of experts, working to support the continued delivery of patient care and industry leading innovation. Based in our Head Office Support Centre in Kearsley, Greater Manchester, we're all passionate about what we do and are committed to growing the success of mydentist and our own careers.
We can offer you huge potential and opportunity. We have an amazingly supportive culture, our organisation is ambitious and future-focused and we have the chance for you to move upwards, side-wards and onwards due to our immense size and scope.
And, whatever department you join us in, you'll provide the specialist support which enables our practice teams to focus on what they do best, look after our patients. So, join us and enjoy the freedom to make your role your own and develop both your career and yourself. Together, we can grow and shape the future of a successful business in an expanding sector.
A varied and versatile team, we deliver a number of key business functions, including Employee Relations, Reward, Learning and Development and Resourcing. We make sure mydentist attracts, retains and develops the very best talent in the dental market. People who share our purpose, live our values and are as restlessly ambitious as we are.
The main purpose of the role is to act as an employee relations subject matter expert for assigned regions, ensuring a commercial swift and robust service is provided personally and by the assigned Employee Relations Advisor. Also being responsible for developing strong relationships with all stakeholders with a focus on driving improvement in technical management capability through coaching and effective feedback.
• Take responsibility for complex casework within assigned regions, ensuring that all such matters are handled commercially, swiftly and in line with procedure.
• Seeks detail and clarity in cases to ensure you risk is mitigated
• Ensure that risks are effectively identified and managed in a commercially aware manner within the appropriate processes.
• Drive technical capability across assigned regions through coaching, guidance and effective feedback.
• Ensure a strong working relationship with HR Business Partners within assigned regions to flag trends and concerns regarding manager capability
• Assist in the training and development of the knowledge of the People Admin team to ensure the delivery of swift and commercial advice
• Maintain a full working knowledge of employment legislation and ensure the timely communication and policy updates to all stakeholders as appropriate.
• Other tasks which may be considered reasonable within the remit of the role
Following induction, we are able to support a working from home and office based rota. All induction and training for this role will be completed under social distancing guidelines, and via Video technology where we can.
Salary: Up to £30,000 - Dependant on Experience
Location: Kearsley, M26 1GG