Job Title - Employee Relations Advisor
Location - Milton Keynes - flexible (Euston or Birmingham)
Rates - £168.79 - PAYE or £193.32 Ltd/Umbrella
In Scope of IR35
My client is looking for an enthusiastic Employee Relations Advisor to join their busy team based in Milton Keynes but the location is flexible for the right candidate for an initial period of 6 months with a view to extending. As the Employee Relations Advisor you will provide geographical, face to face support to line managers in relation to highly complex employee relations cases, in line with formal Human Resources policies and procedures in addition to targeted line manager development.
Working closely with HR Direct and the HR Business Partners to deliver effective, consistent and collaborative HR service
What you will do:
- Provide professional, expert, face to face Human Resources advice, coaching and support to cross functional line managers when dealing with escalated complex Employee Relations cases across a defined geographical area and in line with company policies and procedures.
- Provide clear guidance to managers regarding their responsibilities within a process or procedure and the elements the HR function will undertake.
- Proactively manage and develop relationships and communication channels with Business Partner teams and HR Direct regarding complex ER cases and development requirements.
- Development and delivery of targeted line manager up-skilling working closely with the HR Business Partner and broader HR Direct team on company wide initiatives.
- Maintain and track case records and documentation through HR Direct and company systems in a timely manner.
- Provide coaching, guidance and support to enable line managers to formulate pragmatic and business focussed solutions which are balanced with policy application and broader employment legislation.
- Responsible for the provision of consistent advice to line managers and therefore required to liaise across the broader HR function and share knowledge proactively.
- Proactively maintain own knowledge on Employment Legislation and Organisational awareness.
- Provide support to the ER Operations Manager or HR Business Partner team/s as required/requested.
Your experience will include:
- A proven track record in a previous HR Advisory role, in particular experience of dealing with numerous and highly complex Employee Relations cases, up to and including Tribunal stage across a number of organisation functions within a large complex organisation.
- Demonstrates strong commercial approach and understanding of business needs.
- Experience of development and delivery of manager up-skilling both individually and through workshops/formal development interventions.
- Up to date Employment Law knowledge and practical application of legislation.
- Passionate about customer service and delivering professional HR support to the business.
- Capability to establish professional credibility quickly.
- Experience of coaching and influencing line managers and senior business leaders.
- Strong time management, organisation and prioritisation skills and the ability to work under pressure and to deadlines.
- Ability to travel and work across a geographical area covering numerous locations.
- Strong analytical and diagnostic skills.
- Experience of working within a Unionised environment.
- Resilient, Adaptable and Flexible.
- CIPD qualified or relevant experience to demonstrate level of competence.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and the ability to communicate effectively across a broad spectrum of managers with varying levels of capability.
- Experience of advising managers and others on a variety of terms and conditions of employment.
- Experience of providing advisory support across a number of functions.
- Experience of working in a remote capacity, independently and on own initiative.
What you'll get in return
Capita and our client understand what it is like to work as a contractor and we will do everything we can to make it a simple process for you - this includes dedicated on-boarding, extension teams and access to a web based timesheet portal giving you an ability to access and submit your timesheets wherever you are.
What we hope you will do next
Help us find out more about you by completing our short application process - Click apply now. You will then be directed to a Capita owned microsite that will assist you with your application. Once completed you will then be contacted by the relevant recruiter.
Our client welcomes applications regardless of age, disability, marital status (including civil partnerships), pregnancy or maternity, race, religion or belief, sexual orientation, transgender status, sex (or gender), employment status, trade union affiliation, or another irrelevant factor. We will interview all disabled applicants who meet the essential criteria.