The employee Journey / Experience Consultant will take responsibility of the attraction, selection and onboading of new starts in the business across the UK. The opportunity to make a lasting impact on an end-to-end employee journey.
A thriving and innovative financial company based on the South coast. They have strong emphasis on the personal and professional development of their employees.
You will be responsible for mapping out and enhancing the employee journey / experience, with a primary focus on the attraction, selection and onboarding stages detailed below.
- Attraction - from writing compelling s that resonate with our employees and attract the best talent in a competitive market, to identifying and crafting key messages that showcase our unique employee value proposition.
- Selection - you'll support the implementation of Greenhouse (our application tracking system) by creating the templates and training needed to support our employees and candidates alike, ensuring people feel informed and at ease throughout the entire selection process.
- Onboarding - this stage will take candidates from signing on the dotted line right through to passing their probation and everything in between. A successful journey will embed, equip and engage employees with their roles, team and business so they can bring their very best to the job at hand.
You'll also support the business with the wider employee journey; from creating employee engagement playbooks for managers, to shaping how we support employees through various wellbeing, charity and sponsorship activities.
These attributes are based on our winning formula for an Employee Experience Manager; they're the non-negotiables needed to make a lasting impact on our employees and business.
- Demonstrated background in employee experience / journey design, specifically in a manager-level capacity, supported by a relevant Marketing or Human Resources professional qualification.
- Excellent communication and copywriting skills. From crafting s and employee communications, to engaging with our hiring managers and agencies, you'll need to be great with people and even better with words.
- Highly-organised, especially with prioritisation and resource allocation. An employee journey has a lot of moving, yet seamless parts so excellent project management skills are essential.
- Creativity's an absolute must. The employee experience needs to align to our bright alternative brand and stand out in the market; dull is not an option.
£50k - £55k plus benefits (6 month FTC)