JPMorgan Chase & Co. (NYSE: JPM) is a leading global financial services firm with assets of $2.5 trillion and operations worldwide. The firm is a leader in investment banking, financial services for consumers and small business, commercial banking, financial transaction processing, and asset management. A component of the Dow Jones Industrial Average, JPMorgan Chase & Co. serves millions of consumers in the United States and many of the world's most prominent corporate, institutional and government clients under its J.P. Morgan and Chase brands. Information about JPMorgan Chase & Co. is available at www.jpmorganchase.com .
Who we are
The Asset Manager Platform organization within the Corporate and Investment Bank (CIB)'s Securities Services group is a newly formed business offering best-in-class digital solutions for our institutional client base across financial products and investment lifecycles. Our mission is to develop top-tier client-facing analytical services and enable our clients to achieve their business goals by extending J.P. Morgan's capabilities and expertise as the leader in financial services into the digital space.
The candidate will join Risk as a Service, a leading entrepreneurial team, as a Front End Software Engineer and be responsible for developing one of its new flagship client-facing products. The product delivers a best-in-class real time risk analytics and trade management via multiple delivery channels, including web and mobile.
This is a technical role, and the candidate would also be driving the design of our components, mentoring other members and actively contributing to the development of features. Experience is expected in analysis/design, Agile methodologies, application and SDK development, optimization and performance tuning - plus working with business analysts, UX, testers as well as internal and external clients. The working environment is competitive and demanding but one where creativity and problem solving skills are rewarded
• Work on some of the most complex problems imaginable at the intersection of two dynamic industries: finance and technology
• Be part of a new business initiative within JPM that will create a significant revenue stream for the firm and influence the commercialization and go-to-market strategy of the service
• Actively collaborate with other highly skilled engineers and work on a fresh, cutting-edge codebase.
• Influence decisions on market strategy, platform strategy, client engagement and implementing innovative technology-based solutions at the bank
• Interact with other high-performing teams within JPM to inspire innovation and champion change throughout the bank
Skills and Experience
The successful candidate should have a Bachelors Degree or equivalent in Computer Science, mathematics, or a related field, or equivalent working experience.
Following technical skills are important:
- ReactJS, HTML5 / CSS3, and related tooling and technologies
- Async programming; Promises; WebComponents; Redux; RxJS
- Git, GitLab/Bitbucket, or related version control systems; working in CI/CD environments
- Node (server side and tooling); Selenium; Jenkins; Jest
Additionally, understanding of/experience with following is highly beneficial:
- Data visualization (D3, HighCharts)
- Data Grids (AG Grid)
- Advanced React design patterns; data binding; web sockets. WASM
- ADA/Web Accessibility
Further, the candidate should possess:
• Proven track record of taking an idea from inception to delivery
• Practical "work smart" mind-set geared to effectively and efficiently solving problems
• Highly developed communication and partnership skills - attention to detail in written format and articulation in verbal format
• Ability to execute multiple projects simultaneously and independently, while maintaining a high degree of communication and escalation at appropriate junctures
• Commercially-focused and entrepreneurial spirit
• Quick learner with strong attention to detail, strong work ethic
• User-centred approach with a strong appreciation for usability and overall client experience.
Our Corporate & Investment Bank relies on innovators like you to build and maintain the technology that helps us safely service the world's important corporations, governments and institutions. You'll develop solutions for a bank entrusted with holding $18 trillion of assets and $393 billion in deposits. CIB provides strategic advice, raises capital, manages risk, and extends liquidity in markets spanning over 100 countries around the world.
When you work at JPMorgan Chase & Co., you're not just working at a global financial institution. You're an integral part of one of the world's biggest tech companies. In 20 technology centers worldwide, our team of 50,000 technologists design, build and deploy everything from enterprise technology initiatives to big data and mobile solutions, as well as innovations in electronic payments, cybersecurity, machine learning, and cloud development. Our $10B+ annual investment in technology enables us to hire people to create innovative solutions that will are transforming the financial services industry.
At JPMorgan Chase & Co. we value the unique skills of every employee, and we're building a technology organization that thrives on diversity. We encourage professional growth and career development, and offer competitive benefits and compensation. If you're looking to build your career as part of a global technology team tackling big challenges that impact the lives of people and companies all around the world, we want to meet you.
© 2018 JPMorgan Chase & Co. JPMorgan Chase is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer Disability/Veteran
J.P. Morgan is a global leader in financial services, providing strategic advice and products to the world's most prominent corporations, governments, wealthy individuals and institutional investors. Our first-class business in a first-class way approach to serving clients drives everything we do. We strive to build trusted, long-term partnerships to help our clients achieve their business objectives.
We recognize that our people are our strength and the diverse talents they bring to our global workforce are directly linked to our success. We are an equal opportunity employer and place a high value on diversity and inclusion at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of any protected attribute, including race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital or veteran status, pregnancy or disability, or any other basis protected under applicable law. In accordance with applicable law, we make reasonable accommodations for applicants' and employees' religious practices and beliefs, as well as any mental health or physical disability needs.
About the Team
Our Corporate & Investment Bank relies on innovators like you to build and maintain the technology that helps us safely service the world's important corporations, governments and institutions. You'll develop solutions that help the bank provide strategic advice, raise capital, manage risk, and extend liquidity in markets spanning over 100 countries around the world.