At Veeva, we build enterprise cloud technology that powers the biggest names in the pharmaceutical, biotech, consumer goods, chemical & cosmetics industries. Our customers make vaccines, life-saving medicines, and life-enhancing products that make a difference in everyday lives. Our technology has transformed these industries; enabling them to get critical products and services to market faster. Our core values, Do the Right Thing, Customer Success, Employee Success, and Speed, guide us as we make our customers more efficient and effective in everything they do.
Veeva’s Vault CDMS platform will truly change how the industry runs clinical trials and we want you on our team! Veeva Systems is looking for a leader who has deep customer, and a passion for helping customers transform the way they manage their clinical trial processes, data, and content within our CDMS product including CDMS interactions with our Clinical Suite of applications (Vault CTMS, Vault eTMF and Vault Study Startup)
As a key member of our CDMS Professional Services team, the Head of CDB will be at the forefront of our mission. A Veeva leader is a service professional who has demonstrated an ability to lead based on experience, knowledge, passion and competence. They will understand our customers’ data acquisition, clinical reporting, and SDTM challenges and clinical needs. They can translate those requirements into an implementation strategy, and drive the delivery of the Veeva CDB product and services and how it interacts with the Veeva CDMS suite. They will be responsible for three main things: First, achieving customer success with Vault CDB services that can implement, train, process, consult, and support the usage of the product. Second, understanding our customers’ challenges and clinical needs, translating business use cases into system requirements and developing process material to support the change. Third, defining global strategies for deploying process change and user adoption of the Vault Clinical applications across the enterprise.
This is a remote position. Opportunity is available in the United States and Europe for this role. Qualified U.S. and Europe based candidates are encouraged to apply.
What You'll Do
- Provides technical and/or business consultative leadership for Veeva’s Vault CDB application at the pre-and/or post sales level with experience delivering Statements of Work
- Partner globally with subject matter experts and business leaders to analyze, develop, and implement Clinical Operations processes that solve business problems and support business needs through use of Vault CDB
- Experience working with clinical data providers (Central Laboratory, eCOA, IRT, etc.) and developing data acquisition methodology
- Technical abilities to develop clinical operational reports and clinical data listings that align with the customer needs
- Lead client transformation engagements, develop new operating business models for Clinical Operations, and drive successful adoption and long-term success with Vault Clinical through managing a team of consultants
- Proactively provides input and contributes to the development of Vault CDB services procedures, standards and strategies
- Monitors practice job performance and provides coaching, counseling, and motivation to maximize performance
- Recruits and hires employees who can help grow and drive Veeva’s Vault CDB strategy and perform delivery on the services team
- Analyze and identify potential value creating opportunities and develop requirements to ensure that business vision / use cases and recommendations translate to (and leverage) Veeva products and services
- Serve as primary customer liaison, managing the business change in support of the system implementation, including communication between Veeva, project team and customerSupport the Veeva implementation team across multiple engagements and workstreams (e.g. solution design and configuration, data migration and systems integration)
- Develop end-user training strategies and deliver supporting material (e.g. web-based learning, user guides, etc.) to support system deployment
- Ensure customer success from beginning to end of the engagement life cycle
- Identify, define, and deploy best practices through internal Preferred Vault Practices, aligning with industry guidance and maintaining competitive advantage
- A minimum of 8 years’ direct experience working with clinical software solutions in a client facing role in an operational or consulting role
- A minimum of 2 years’ prior experience in people management responsibilities including hiring, employee relations, performance management, coaching, developing individuals and teams, and managing remote employees
- Working Knowledge of clinical trial processes across pharmaceuticals, device and/or biotech sectors, specifically as they relate to reporting, data cleaning, and SDTM configuration
- Deep knowledge of SDTM methodology with reporting experience through systems such as SAS, R, Sportfire, Tableau and other analytical technologies
- Proven ability to manage diverse stakeholders, and ensure delivery to a high degree of satisfaction and work independently in a dynamic, fast-moving environment, but also as part of a team and ensure delivery to a high degree of satisfaction
- Expert on life sciences compliance, regulatory, and sponsor quality assurance requirements with a proven track record for leading high-impact global process transformation programs
- Ability to quickly understand business use cases and opportunities for change, to create corresponding process and business model improvements
- Ability to travel up to 50%
Nice to Have
- Direct experience with systems such as Medidata RAVE, Oracle/Phase Forward InForm, Medidata Balance, Oracle IRT, IVRS, coding applications, eSource, and other clinical technologies
- SaaS/Cloud experienceLife Science, computer science, change management or related degree
- Experience with Veeva applications
- Program Management experience, either having led or supported large scale programs
- Change Management experience, either having led or supported change management programs
Veeva’s headquarters is located in the San Francisco Bay Area with offices in more than 15 countries around the world.