About the Team
As a key member of the Content Development team, you will be working in one of Future’s most dynamic and agile editorial teams, helping to define content strategy for our B2B ecommerce business. Our team works hard and expects our content to lead the way in depth, scope, and purpose.
The Editor for ecommerce will manage and develop B2B and B2C content strategies for web hosting and cloud services verticals. You will work across numerous digital Future brands, including TechRadar, Tom’s Guide, and Creative Bloq, collaborating with the editorial teams to produce content which inspires, educates, and informs, and ultimately results in reader conversions.
Please note, this role can be based remotely in the UK.
- Content strategy: keyword research with content ideation; Planning and managing content calendars in line with Future best practices.
- CMS-based content production and management: proof-reading content and article formatting.
- Commissioning content: writing content briefs, commissioning freelancer writers and content partners, liaising with freelancers and content partners for content delivery and ensuring a high standard of content which matches editorial guidelines and stylesheets.
- Editing and proofreading content for B2B and B2C audiences: including news, features, and reviews.
- Content management: Monitoring and updating existing content.
- Reporting and recommendations to senior editorial staff, based on content performance and data analysis (using Google Analytics and other reporting tools to monitor rankings).
- Working with team members across the organisation, including members of the Ecommerce team, as well as website Editors.
- Responsible for developing special content projects, as required.
What do I need to succeed?
- A keen interest in and knowledge of both the web hosting and cloud services verticals. Knowledge of other verticals an advantage.
- Experience of working in a B2B editorial role, either in publishing or in a copy-writing capacity.
- Experience of using a CMS preferred, but not essential.
- A keen understanding of editorial voice and tone, and writing for different audiences.
- Brilliant writing skills: An ability to deliver well-crafted content..
- In addition to being a first-class writer, you’ll have a keen understanding of SEO and how to write for web.
- Exceptional editing skills: You’ll also have an innate ability to get to grips with technical content.
- Commissioning skills: An ability to draw on both editorial and SEO know-how to create thorough briefs for industry experts and external contributors.
- You’ll have a passion for the data side of digital content and closely monitor and interpret performance and trends.
- Self-motivation: A combination of remote working and high expectations mean that you’ll need to drive yourself forward.
- Digitally minded and consumer of digital media.
As well as our standard benefits, we have a number of awesome perks available to our staff including:
- Unlimited paid time off (yes you read that right!)
- A share in our success- every member of staff receives a profit pool bonus at the end of our financial year
- Complete flexibility to work from home however you can chose to work in one of our offices when they reopen!
- Free digital magazine subscriptions and access to back copies of our print magazines and bookazines
- Discounted gym membership and onsite health & wellbeing (yoga at lunch anyone?!)
- Annual Future conference - get together with your colleagues to celebrate success and look forward to what's next
- Regular staff socials arranged by our wonderful Employee Community & Culture committees
- Huge opportunities to learn and develop whether through professional qualifications, exposure to incredible business projects or informal lunch & learns, hosted by your colleagues