Staff Nurse (Police Custody)Job Reference: J338-A-20-0788
Employer: Department: Copy Lane Custody Suite Location: Liverpool Salary: £34000
Care & Custody - a Mitie Company are looking for highly skilled Nurses and Paramedics to join our existing Custody healthcare teams working with National Police Forces.
Care & Custody HCPs are RGNs or Paramedics who are qualified Healthcare Professionals working in partnership with 12 National Police Forces, to pro-actively reduce re-offending and care for detainees in police custody. We are looking for exceptional people to join our teams where you can become a key member of a highly respected organisation.Staff Nurse | Paramedic | Excellent Training and Development opportunities
Care & Custody - A Mitie Company has been awarded a new contract by Merseyside Police, NHS England & NHS Improvement.
The integrated service is an integral part of the Merseyside Police custody and court environments and, as such, our Healthcare Professionals will work in a cohesive, cooperative, and coordinated way with Merseyside Police, NHS England and the Courts in the delivery of services.
You will join a team of around 60 healthcare professionals who will deliver a number of custodial and forensic health services.Benefits
Who we're looking for?
- Salary £34,000 per annum - The salary takes into consideration the benefits that the NHS offer so that you know each month what your take home salary is & aligned with NHS Band 6.
- Overtime offered
- Set shift patterns of 4 on, 4 off to support work/life balance
- 42 hours a week on an 8 week rolling rota
- 1 hour paid lunch
- Buddy programme to support with induction
- 5% pension contributions by employee and matched by Mitie
- Shares, Life insurance & Private Medical Cover
- Market leading HCP led model enabling career progression and continuous professional development
- MiDeals discount scheme with over 3000 offers available from your favourite retailers, leisure, and utilities companies
Duties and responsibilities
- Experience in working with challenging behaviours and vulnerable people (Essential)
- Registered Nurse or Paramedic with at least 2 years post-qualification experience (Essential)
- Experience of A&E, Primary Care, Substance Misuse, Walk in or Urgent Care (Desirable)
- Assessment & care of detaineesand staff in custody suites.
- Forensic sampling, including road traffic offence bloods.
- Mental health and substance misuse assessments and management.
- Providing substance misuse therapies whilst in custody.
- Healthcare promotion, brief interventions & self-harm reduction.
- Referrals and Signposting to support wider vulnerabilities the reduction of re-offending.
We offer a competitive salary in addition tobenefits including pension schemes, private medical cover, share schemes and MiDeals discount scheme with over 3000 offers available from your favourite retailers, leisure, and utilities companies.Police Vetting Requirements
You must have:
Care & Custody, a Mitie companyTraining and Benefits
- Right to work in the UK
- Continuously resided in the UK for the previous 3 years, with no more than 3 months spent overseas at any one time.
- Full UK driving license.
- Active PIN & full membership of the HCPC (Paramedic), or NMC (RGN) with no restriction on practice.
- Flexibility to move across Merseyside Custody Suites
We provide professional development (accredited by Teesside University). Our teams have been developed with this accredited training and taken advantage of career pathway development opportunities in our "HCP Led" service. For exceptional team members looking to progress their skillset within forensics we will offer opportunities to take your career to the next level. including the opportunity to achieve a The Faculty of Forensic and Legal Medicine's Licentiate Award and / or PGCert in Advanced Nursing in Forensic Practice. . Disclosure and Barring Service Check
This post is subject to the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act (Exceptions Order) 1975 and as such it will be necessary for a submission for Disclosure to be made to the Disclosure and Barring Service (formerly known as CRB) to check for any previous criminal convictions.
To stay safe in your job search we recommend that you visit SAFERjobs ( ), a non-profit, joint industry and law enforcement organisation working to combat job scams. Visit the for information on common scams and to get free, expert advice for a safer job search.