Care & Custody - a Mitie Company are looking for highly skilled Nurses and Paramedics to join our existing Custody healthcare teams working with National Police Forces.
Care & Custody HCPs are RGNs or Paramedics who are qualified Healthcare Professionals working in partnership with 12 National Police Forces, to pro-actively reduce re-offending and care for detainees in police custody. We are looking for exceptional people to join our teams where you can become a key member of a highly respected organisation. Staff Nurse | Paramedic | Excellent Training and Development opportunitiesLocation - Stoke on Trent Custody Suite
Salary £34,000 per annum
Shift pattern 24-hour service delivered as 2 days, 2 nights on, 4 off // 12 hours shiftsWho we're looking for
Duties and responsibilities
- Experience in working with challenging behaviours and vulnerable people (Essential)
- Registered Nurse or Paramedic with at least 2 years post-qualification experience (Essential)
- Experience of A&E, Primary Care, Substance Misuse, Walk in or Urgent Care (Desirable)
Training and Benefits
- Assessment & care of detainees and staff in custody suites.
- Forensic sampling, including road traffic offence bloods.
- Mental health and substance misuse assessments and management.
- Providing substance misuse therapies whilst in custody.
- Healthcare promotion, brief interventions & self-harm reduction.
- Referrals and Signposting to support wider vulnerabilities the reduction of re-offending.
We provide professional development (accredited by Teesside University). Our teams have been developed with this accredited training and taken advantage of career pathway development opportunities in our "HCP Led" service. For exceptional team members looking to progress their skillset within forensics we will offer opportunities to take your career to the next level. including the opportunity to achieve a The Faculty of Forensic and Legal Medicine's Licentiate Award and / or PGCert in Advanced Nursing in Forensic Practice. .
We offer a competitive salary in addition to benefits including pension schemes, private medical cover, share schemes and MiDeals discount scheme with over 3000 offers available from your favourite retailers, leisure and utilities companies. QualificationsPolice Vetting Requirements
You must have:
Care & Custody, a Mitie company Additional InformationLocation - Stoke on Trent Custody Suite
- Right to work in the UK
- Continuously resided in the UK for the previous 3 years, with no more than 3 months spent overseas at any one time.
- Full UK driving license.
- Active PIN & full membership of the HCPC (Paramedic), or NMC (RGN) with no restriction on practice.
- Flexibility to move across Staffordshire Custody Suites