About the role:
We currently have a great opportunity for an experienced Performance Analyst,
This role can be based at either Deephams, Ashford, or Reading depending on your current location. Some travel to North London sites will be required regardless of your based location.
As the successful candidate, you will be working as an integral part of the Regional Change and Continuous Improvement team focussed on the enhancement of customer, operational, and cost performance. The role requires you to own, analyse and report on key performance data to produce insight that guides project activity in the region.
As the performance analyst, you must be flexible and adaptable to manage a regular workload as well as ad hoc requests that support the Customer Manager and Continuous Improvement Leads as well as the Senior Leadership team.
You will be required to engage widely throughout the North London region, Water Networks, and with our partner organisations.
This is an exciting opportunity where you will be working very closely with operational teams, fixing real problems that align with the strategic priorities of the business and solve issues our customers face every day. You will be working with the leadership of the North London Water Network and have an impact on the way we operate as a business.
- Develop knowledge of in-house data sources and systems and become adept at quickly extracting and analysing data from these sources.
- Analyse performance metrics and understand trends. Scope projects and develop benefits cases that relate to cost-saving, operational, or customer improvement.
- Root cause written complaints and work with operational teams to improve complaints performance.
- Own a weekly reporting cycle, actively tracking progress against key business targets and action an improvement plan.
- Play an active part in projects and initiatives for the Change & Continuous Improvement team supporting benefit realisation and control measures.
- Co-ordinate updates of regional performance pack and troubleshoot issues where appropriate.
- Drive best practices and standards by working with other regional analysts across TW to identify opportunities and develop consistency across Water Networks.
- Drive a zero-compromise approach to Health, Safety, Wellbeing and Water Quality.
To be successful you will have the following skills and experience:
- Advanced knowledge of MS Excel and PowerPoint to analyse data and present in a concise manner.
- Previous experience in using Power BI to analyse data and create dashboards highly desirable
- Awareness of Thames Water corporate systems in order to navigate SAP CRM, SAP Business Objects, etc
- Excellent communication skills to convey findings to key stakeholders.
- Experience in project-related problem solving within a complex business environment
- Knowledge of Water Networks (preferred)
- Flexibility to switch between tasks
- Understanding and application of Continuous Improvement tools and techniques
- Ideal but not necessarily, you will have knowledge of LEAN and/or Six Sigma (or similar change methodology) and project management tools and techniques
What’s in it for you:
Our competitive salary package includes an excellent contributory pension, 26 days holiday per year increasing to 30 with the length of service and a wider benefits scheme. This includes an annual pay review, season ticket loans, voucher scheme giving you money off in major retail outlets, loyalty awards for continuous service plus much more, including our referral scheme, where you can receive £750 for helping someone get a permanent position within the company.
We’re also proud to be here for our local community, offering everyone two days paid volunteer leave a year, as well as proudly supporting a lot of local events and charities.
Thames Water is the UK’s largest water and wastewater company. We make a daily difference to millions of customers by supplying 2.7 billion litres of world-class water to around 10 million homes.
As our world changes, the need to take care of our most precious resource is greater than ever, both locally and globally. That’s why, at Thames Water, every one of our actions, big and small, matters every day. Water is essential to daily life, and that means our business is always open. We’re passionate about providing world-class tap water, now and for the future.
We’re also turning waste into power, self-generating 20% of the energy we use and, in turn, doing our bit for the planet. We’re reducing plastic waste by celebrating our tap water and rolling out an ambitious water fountain project. We’re using our voice to lobby for change and partnering with WaterAid to provide clean water to the world’s poorest communities.
Together, we’re building a better future for our customers, our region and our planet.
Thames Water is a unique, rewarding and diverse place to work. If you join our team, you’ll enjoy fast-tracked career opportunities, flexible working arrangements and unparalleled benefits. We’re also proud to be an equal opportunity employer, Stonewall Diversity Champion and Disability Confident Leader, welcoming individuals from all walks of life and leading the way with award-winning mental health and well-being strategy.