Job Title - Waste Collections Environmental Manager
Salary - Up to £32,500 per annum plus Veolia benefits *listed below
Location -Veolia Public Realm, Marsh Road HA0 1ES, Wembley
Hours - Full time, 40 hours per week, Monday to Friday
At Veolia, the Waste Collections Environmental Manager is responsible for the day to day running of operational needs within a collection department and a unit that has up to 115 staff. We're looking for someone who is passionate about what we do and is a great leader.
What you'll do
- Support the achievement of Performance Indicators identified in Veolia's Strategic Plans.
- Manage and develop the Operational Services to secure high and improving standards of service provision.
- Contribute to the efficient day-to-day delivery of Veolia's Collection Service.
- Work within and follow all current national legislation.
- Attend training relevant to post in order to ensure their health and safety responsibilities are met.
- Liaise with the other Veolia Collection/Streets Managers/staff to ensure a coordinated approach to service delivery and function.
- Assist in the budgets management relating to the Collection Service.
- Undertake pricing for all ah-hoc /unscheduled works on behalf of the service.
- Deal with complaints/service level enquiries/FOI requests on behalf of the service.
- Be the first point of contact with members of the general public and to attend evening and weekend meetings such as Area Forums, Friends groups and residents groups.
- Arranging inspections of sites / preparing quotations and arranging works to be the first point of contact with contractors and outside agencies.
- Deputise on behalf of the Head of Service as required.
- Ability to work occasional evenings and weekends to meet the needs of the service.
The experience you will need
- Previous experience in a similar role is required to be successful in this role.
- A proven background in the management, motivation and coaching of a large workforce.
- Knowledge of Health & Safety.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, together with exceptional interpersonal ability.
- Good management skills, including both motivation and disciplinary skills.
- Reporting , time management, appraisal and presentation skills.
- Category C Licence.
- Experience in working with a public sector client.
Benefits you will receive within this role are
- Eligible for Annual Performance Bonus
- Eligible for Company Car or Company Car Allowance
- The option to join the Veolia Pension Scheme
- Access to Veolia Rewards, benefits and discounts
- 25 days annual leave + statutory bank holidays
Who is Veolia?
We are the UK leader in Environmental Solutions. We offer services and expertise in waste, water and energy management helping to build a more sustainable future. As a global organisation, our work focuses on delivering simple but innovative solutions to preserving natural resources, reducing pollution and protecting our environment.
Veolia is committed to creating a diverse and inclusive environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All applicants meeting the minimum criteria for the role will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, gender or gender expression, disability, race or ethnicity, religion or belief, sexual orientation, or veteran status.
Veolia employees are employed under standard terms and conditions and in order to promote fairness, any changes to roles/grades as part of an employment offer we make to existing staff-graded employees will be subject to the acceptance of the standardised terms and conditions. Therefore, please be advised that any new terms and conditions may differ from your current contract with Veolia if you are staff-graded.