Mitie was founded in 1987, Mitie is the UK's leading facilities management and professional services company, looking after a large, diverse, blue-chip customer base, from banks and retailers, to hospitals, schools and government offices. Mitie has over 49,000 people, 100+ office locations, and thousands of customers across the country, there's no limit to what you can achieve if you work for us.Values:
Delivering the exceptional, every day
• Our purpose:
our expertise, care, technology and insight create amazing work environments, helping our customers be exceptional every day.
• Our promiseto our people:
a place to work where you can thrive and be your best every day.
• Our promise to our customers:
a trusted partner creating exceptional environments for your customers and people, adding value every day.
• Our culture - our core values and how we behave:
1. We are one Mitie: we work as one to deliver a seamless, unrivalled service. We are all in it together, if we can help a customer or colleague in any way, we will. We are one Mitie.
2. We are built on integrity and trust: integrity and trust are at the heart of all we do. We are the face of company. We treat others as we would like to be treated. We are proud to work for Mitie.
3. We go the extra mile: whether it's keeping things running smoothly in a safe environment, looking for new ways to do things better or fixing problems, going the extra mile for our colleagues and customers and keeping our promises is in our DNA.
4. Our diversity makes us stronger: we are very proud of our rich and diverse culture and backgrounds. Our diversity creates ideas and insights. Everyone at Mitie has a voice and is treated as an equal.
5. Our customers' business, is our business: we are a partner, trusted for our expertise and for putting our customers at the heart of everything we do.Behaviours:
• Knowledge of relevant procedures
• Level of customer Service
• Team Player
• Health and safety awareness and knowledge
Day shift £9.24/hr, Night shift £9.74/hr Hours:
Approx. 35 hrs/weekShift Pattern:
4 on/4 off, Days and Nights availableFixed Term Contract
- Work within the Cleaning Services Team, carrying out duties effectively and efficiently in accordance with contractual requirements.
- Follow the Company's Health, Safety and Quality procedures within the course of the role.
- Ensure all equipment is kept clean, well maintained and is a safe working order, i.e. PAT Tested, etc.
- Have full knowledge and understanding of the designated cleaning area, including the agreed work to be carried out and time allocated to the area.
- Have a full working knowledge of all cleaning equipment, materials and approved chemicals used within the premises and to attend all necessary training to be able to use this equipment.
- To comply with the requirements of Health & Safety, other relevant legislation and premises policies.
- To wear protective clothing (PPE) as issued.
- To deal with any complaints that fall within the job holder's duties and report these immediately to the Cleaning Supervisor/Service Support Manager.
- Perform miscellaneous cleaning duties as apparent or as instructed by the Cleaning Supervisor.
- Successfully undertake the training matrix specific to this role.
- To undertake the operation of Fork Lift Truck driving within a H&S conscious environment within in the job role.
On top of the usual rewards you'd expect to see from a large company, such as - holidays, pension, childcare vouchers and cycle to work schemes, we also provide many extra benefits to enhance our people's well-being and enjoyment at work:
QualificationsSkills / Experience /Competency required:
- Pension - We offer two pensions schemes - Scottish Widows and People Pension, so you can save money each month while you're working and look forwards to a comfortable retirement.
- Mitie Stars is part of our reward package - it's our employee recognition scheme, the overall winner takes home a dream prize of their choice worth up to £15,000.
- MiDeals: Is our employee discount portal that provides fantastic savings at all our favourite high street stores. We've also negotiated additional discounts with some of our big-name suppliers, which are of great use to our employees.
Additional InformationHealth and Safety responsibilities:
- Licence: Counter Balance (Required)
- Forklift Operator: 3 months (Preferred)
- Strong English (Preferred)
- Must be able to complete appropriate documentation in line with the Contract requirements.
- Must successfully pass the drug and alcohol screening test.
- Must fall into the required shift pattern as deemed suitable to meet Contractual requirements.
- Have a flexible approach to the role.
- The ability to prioritise workload effectively, with good organisational skills.
- Detail conscious.
- Able to work from own initiative.
- Good awareness of Health and Safety legislation.
- Excellent Time Management Skills.
- Follow Group and company policies and procedures at all times;
- Report any apparent deficiencies in systems of work or equipment provided that may result in failure of service delivery or risk to health and safety or the environment;
- Use all work equipment and personal PPE properly and in accordance with training received;
- Report any issues or training needs to your Line manager and /or via your divisional incident reporting system;
- Ensure compliance with Mitie's information security procedures in all activities;
- Proactively identify and report security risks to your manager;
- Report actual and suspected security incidents;
This Is intended to give the post holder an appreciation of the role envisaged for this position and the range of duties undertaken. Specific tasks and objectives will be agreed with the post holder throughout the period of employment. The may be varied from time to time by the Company to reflect changes in the post holder's role and/or the needs of the business.Job Location