We are Amazon: we pioneer.
We are building a new team in Amazon Logistics, focussed on developing and delivering the best on road operation. A key element of this is the delivery of the safest on road operations – for our drivers and customers.
Our aim is to be the industry leader and logistics provider of choice in EU for drivers, service providers and third party shippers, with the safest fleet operations. Amazon’s fleet will be market leaders in terms of road safety performance and the Amazon brand will become synonymous with safe vehicles and safe fleet operations on the road. To effectively support Amazon Logistics growth, and simultaneously the vision for on road safety, it is implicit that we have the best training, support, design, technology, insight (driver feedback), real time visibility and driver aids.
As Safety Excellence Manager you will be working as part the team responsible for the innovation, development and implementation of safety design and initiatives, working closely with teams across the EU and worldwide, including: Last Mile Technology team, Workplace Health & Safety, Global Fleet and Amazon Logistics field execution. The successful candidate will be:
· Highly analytical, yet grounded in the delivery of fundamental change
· Shows bias for action and ownership in delivery of deadlines
· Comfortable interacting with stakeholders at all levels
This role can be based in any of the corporate offices in London, Munich, Luxembourg, Milan, Paris and Madrid.
· Bachelor’s degree
· This leader has experience leading and interacting with cross-functional teams.
· Experience in innovative problem-solving and design of new processes
· Experience in complex program management, and implementation with proven ability to design workable solutions and drive projects to successful implementation.
· Experience coordinating complex program development cycles.
· Safety design qualifications/experience
· Prior experience in safety related activities.
· Knowledge of at least one other EU language (French, German, Italian or Spanish advantageous)