The Amazon Freight product allows Shippers to use Amazon's transportation network to transport products in bulk across Europe. This is an innovative technology driven solution for the shipping needs of small and large businesses and is scaling rapidly as an offering. Amazon Freight is a part of the Amazon Transportation Services organisation in Europe which is a cutting-edge supply chain technology organisation and responsible for many of Amazon's best-in-class logistics offerings.
We are looking for a London based Analyst for the Amazon Freight team. This person will partner with the Amazon Freight's Product, Operations and Business Development Teams to drive automation of processes/tools and reporting needed to scale and grow the business.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Automating order creation including interfacing data from email, other files and internal systems
- Creating scripts to automate manual workflows in external websites, editing orders and invoicing
- Developing automated email notifications to provide visibility to shippers on order status
- Extracting and reporting data from numerous databases (using Excel, Access, SQL, Redshift and / or other data management systems) and performing ad hoc reporting and analysis as required
The ideal candidate must be detail oriented, have superior verbal and written communication skills, strong organizational skills, able to juggle multiple tasks at once and able to work independently. You must be able to identify problems before they happen and implement solutions that detect and prevent outages. You must be able to accurately prioritize projects, make sound judgments, work to improve the customer experience, and get the right things done.
- Bachelors in CS or related technical field with 3- 5 years of experience in similar Programmer/Business Analyst roles
- Experience in implementing Robotic Process Automation projects using open source tools in an operationally heavy environment, such as transportation, logistics, manufacturing etc.
- Experience in building automation applications using Selenium and C#
- Knowledge of scripting languages such as SQL, Perl, Python, or Ruby
• Proficiency with Tableau, Microsoft Excel and VBA for developing interactive reports and advanced data visualizations
- Ability to understand functional/technical specifications and analyze data
- Strong organizational and problem solving skills with great attention to detail, including the ability to track multiple test executions simultaneously and synthesize the results
• Ability to communicate across all levels of management and excellent verbal and written skills in English
• Experience with analytical concepts within transportation e.g. pricing strategy / analytics, forecasting, planning, optimization
• Experience developing and growing a business / start-up / association