It's fun to work in a company where people truly BELIEVE in what they're doing!
We're committed to bringing passion and customer focus to the business.
If you like wild growth and working with happy, enthusiastic over-achievers, you'll enjoy your career with us!
Role: Process Engineering Manager
Location: Caswell, Northampton
Reports to: Director, Epitaxy and Process Engineering
Lumentum (NASDAQ: LITE) is a market-leading manufacturer of innovative optical and photonic products enabling optical networking and commercial laser customers worldwide. Lumentum’s optical components and subsystems are part of virtually every type of telecom, enterprise, and data center network. Lumentum’s commercial lasers enable advanced manufacturing techniques and diverse applications including next-generation 3D sensing capabilities. Lumentum is headquartered in Milpitas, California with R&D, manufacturing, and sales offices worldwide.
To provide leadership to the Wafer Fab Process Engineering Function within the Caswell chip manufacturing facility. To work closely with the Manufacturing functions to ensure high yields, efficient processes and short cycle times. To assist the R&D team in delivering New Product Introduction activities in a timely and robust manner.
- Direct, develop and lead the Wafer Fab Process Engineering function
- Where appropriate, provide expert technical guidance for engineering initiatives.
- Reporting on progress and performance against targets and objectives.
- Drive continuous improvement in process design, cost savings, quality and resource utilisation.
- Develop major engineering goals to support chip manufacturing objectives.
- Responsible for yield monitoring activities and for the delivery of yield improvement actions.
- Sponsor cross-qualification to achieve manufacturing resilience.
- Participate in strategy planning for annual and 3yr planning cycles.
- Identify and drive delivery of new tooling programmes for continued manufacturing capability and capacity.
- Ensure all chip manufacturing engineering projects, initiatives, and processes are in conformance with Lumentum's established policies and objectives.
- Process Engineering Team
- Manufacturing Operations Team
- Equipment Engineering Teams
- NPI Team
- Epitaxy Process Engineering Team
- Minimum 2nd Class Bachelor's Degree in Semiconductor Engineering or equivalent and relevant experience within an individual contributor role.
- Demonstrable success in a supervisory role within a semiconductor manufacturing environment.
- Knowledge of working within a high-technology manufacturing or production environment.
- Knowledge of working within a cleanroom or laboratory environment.
- Experience of computer-controlled semiconductor processing equipment or vacuum systems.
- Knowledge of manufacturing execution systems (MES) such as PROMIS and MES concepts such as product re-work procedures, task scheduling, data collection and SPC.
- Strong analytical skills and problem-solving abilities, especially with regard to the scheduling and planning of work flows.
- Competent PC user (including the use of Microsoft Office).
- Wide ranging knowledge of semiconductor fabrication techniques especially with regard to the fabrication of III-V based devices.
- Knowledge of photonic integrated circuit manufacture would be an advantage.
- Working within a cleanroom environment with the prerequisite use of cleanroom clothing.
- Eligible to work in the UK.
Lumentum is committed to equal opportunities and actively seeks applications from all sectors of the community irrespective of sex, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, having responsibility for dependents, age, religion/beliefs, or any other reason which cannot be shown to be justified