Corrugator Process Manager - March Cambridgeshire
Our client is a world leader in packaging, employing over 45,000 employees in 21 countries in Europe and 13 in the Americas. The group collaborates with forward thinking customers by sharing superior product knowledge, market understanding and insights into packaging trends to ensure business success in their markets. They have an unrivalled portfolio of paper-based packaging solutions which is constantly updated with market-leading innovations.
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Corrugator Process Manager to join their Corrugator team in March, Cambridgeshire.
The successful candidate will have a can do attitude and have a right first time approach to work. The role is responsible for identifying, planning and implementing key projects to improve quality, reduce cost and increase productivity of the corrugator.
To be successful for this field role, candidates will ideally meet all or most of the following requirements:
• Execute process improvement solutions to business problems, using data analysis, and optimization tools to support strategic process improvement plans on the corrugator.
• Develop plans, schedules, and budgets for projects to innovate existing processes.
• Develop and lead corrugator improvement and bottleneck plan focused on improving quality, increasing productivity and reducing waste.
• Lead in the evaluation of existing processes including best practice recommendations.
• Escada Process Control – Develops and executes a strategy to manage and maintain the process control settings of the corrugator, resulting in increased performance of the system and improved quality of our product.
• Build relationships with associates at EFI (Escada), to identify improvement opportunities and best practice solutions, and follow through implementation.
• Works with the team to develop standard operating procedures, documenting workflow and process steps.
• Develops tools and methods to track and report relevant key performance indicators (KPI’s).
• Where applicable, identify key organizational change management and training needs that recommended process redesign will have on the corrugator team.
• Coaches team leaders in effective team dynamics relating to process changes.
• TPB process indicator
• Liaise closely with Engineering to ensure visibility of maintenance and potential impact on running
• Assist in investigation of complaints, when data interrogation is required.
• Audit Starch Checks to ensure compliance
• Weekly checks/cleans/position on sensors
• Daily Process Check data – caliper, starch
• Daily informal communication with Team Leaders concerning processes, next steps, feedback forms.
• Provides cover of the corrugator manager role.
• Provides cover of the corrugator team leader role where required.
• Performs other related duties as assigned.
This role will require a team player but also someone who can carry out project work alone when required. Experience within the corrugated / printing / packaging industry is preferred but not essential.
If you would like to apply for this position follow our client’s dedicated online application process.
The closing date for receipt of all applications is Friday 21st August 2020.
March, England, Cambridgeshire, PE15, United Kingdom