Amazon is focused on protecting the health and safety of our employees while continuing to serve people who need our services more than ever. Regular testing on a global scale across all industries would both help keep people safe and help get the economy back up and running. But, for this to work, we as a society would need vastly more testing capacity than is currently available.
Unfortunately, today we live in a world of scarcity where COVID-19 testing is heavily rationed. Until we have an effective vaccine available in billions of doses, high-volume testing capacity would be of great help, but getting that done will take collective action by NGOs, companies, and governments.
For our part, Amazon has begun the work of building incremental testing capacity.
This role is part of an engineering test and automation team that develops and supports systems and processes that make planning, manufacturing, launching and supporting devices as efficient and frictionless as possible. This role works closely with the parallel software-focused MTE, and related cross functional teams. Candidates for this role will generally have an Information Systems, Computer Science or Electrical Engineering background.
We are looking for a talented test development engineer to help lead the development of software, test, and automation control systems that drive test standardization. Utilizing a variety of languages (e.g. C, C++, Python, Java, MATLAB, LabVIEW), this engineer will be responsible for contributing to the vision, architecture, and implementation of tools and solutions that will simplify and automate manufacturing systems while eliminating special knowledge requirements for system setup and operation. This individual should be skilled in developing modular systems and capable of working as an integral part of the manufacturing test engineering team to deliver products and services to simplify product deployment and scaling.
· Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Physics, Mathematics or related fields
· Significant experience in manufacturing/operations of industrial/medical devices
· Professional knowledge of Windows, DOS, Android, Unix and Linux environments
· Previously held responsibility for development and implementation of manufacturing test software and experience with actual programming/coding
· Proven experience in Computer Science fundamentals: object-oriented design, data structures and algorithms, problem solving and complexity analysis
· Proven experience in defining and releasing new test and measurement platforms for both production and R&D (including calibration, maintenance, training for operators, and dealing with Safety and Regulation rules) via appropriate measurement system analysis methods and tools
· Proven experience with device manufacturing processes
· Excels at using metrics and monitoring to measure and improve operational processes
· Experience developing and deploying automated tests (LabVIEW)
· Professional experience with robotic control systems
· Network tool development and automation
· Basic understanding of statistical analysis techniques
· Excellent written and verbal communication
· Experience with serial communication interfaces (CAN, I2C, SPI, etc.)