At Jacobs, we're challenging today to reinvent tomorrow by solving the world's most critical problems for thriving cities, resilient environments, mission-critical outcomes, operational advancement, scientific discovery and cutting-edge manufacturing, turning abstract ideas into realities that transform the world for good. With $13 billion in revenue and a talent force of approximately 52,000, Jacobs provides a full spectrum of professional services including consulting, technical, scientific and project delivery for the government and private sector.
Visit jacobs.com and connect with Jacobs on LinkedIn, Twitter, Facebook and Instagram.
Critical Mission Solutions
Your mission is our mission.
We're invested in you and your success. Everything we do - whether Aerospace, Defense, Intelligence, Information Technology, Cybersecurity, Nuclear, Automotive, or Telecommunications - is more than just a project. It's our challenge as human beings, too. That's why we bring a thoughtful and collaborative approach to every one of our partnerships.
It's our promise to challenge the status quo as we redefine how to solve the world's greatest challenges and transform big ideas into intelligent solutions for a more connected, sustainable world.
Design your career with a company that inspires and empowers you to deliver your best work so you can evolve, grow and succeed -today and into tomorrow.
Engineering Development has recently won several large important projects and has a host of new and exciting opportunities in nuclear fusion, new reactor development, nuclear decommissioning and operational reactor maintenance and support.
Key Responsibilities include:
• To support the development and implementation of remote handling and robotic systems for nuclear applications
• To provide technical input and guidance on mechanical handling engineering tasks
• Consideration of safe systems of work within task development
• Work alongside colleagues and collaboration partners to innovate and develop best in class solutions to new and novel challenges
• Support implementation of solutions at site where required, both within the UK and overseas
• Liaison with other associated departments/organisations both within and outside Jacobs
• Degree or HNC/ HND in Engineering/ Science; alternatively experience and training of equivalent standard would be considered, as well as full membership of an industry or technical institute or association
• Experience of designing or operating remote handling or robotic systems, and associated software; e.g. 3D modelling (Inventor), ROS
• Knowledge of codes and standards, e.g. machinery's directive, LOLER, PUWER
• Candidates with varying levels of experience are required and will be considered, so where experience or qualification requirements are not met then alternative demonstration of aptitude and potential is encouraged
• Capability to support and lead the preparation of proposals, assessing and prescribing technical requirements and determining estimates of cost
• Energy, enthusiasm and good communication skills
• Proficient in the preparation of clear and concisely written technical reports
• Willingness and ability to travel with the possibility of extended periods away from home both in the UK and abroad
At Jacobs we see safety differently - we strive to go 'BeyondZero' by putting the health, safety and well-being of our employees first in everything we do.
We are committed to equality across our business and we work with external organisations such as STEM, WISE (Women in Science & Engineering) and Stonewall. We are also Disability Confident Committed; therefore, we guarantee to interview all disabled applicants who meet the minimum criteria for a vacancy.
When you join Jacobs you will have access to a wide range of Global Networks, centred on inclusion and diversity which is the foundation of our business and at the centre of our values.
To find out more about our networks, please visit our website; www.jacobs.com
Successful candidates will be asked to complete a Baseline Personnel Security Standard Pre-Employment check and will be required to undergo various checks including: Identity, Right to Work; Employment/Education History and Criminal Record. If you are unable to meet this and any associated criteria, then your employment may be delayed or rejected.
JACOBS is an Equal Opportunity Employer who is committed to the safety and wellbeing of all.