Design Your Career, with Kier
Design Engineer - Highways Maintenance
Kier Local Highways is looking to recruit a Design Engineer to join the Suffolk Highways maintenance contract. The successful candidate will be responsible for providing engineering support on minor improvements or maintenance schemes.
- Take responsibility for implementation of Suffolk Highways Quality, Health & Safety and Environmental management systems (GBAS)
- Undertake designer Risk Assessments and prepare pre-construction information in accordance with the CDM Regulations for construction works
- Monitor scheme delivery by Operations teams and sub-contractors to ensure construction in accordance with design/works information
- Work in compliance with the Traffic Management Act and New Roads and Streetworks Act to obtain the relevant network access agreements
- Undertake site visits and assist with site safety audits as required
- Ensure works are being constructed safely when visiting sites and report any issues to site staff and the Senior Engineer
- Production of technical reports
- Manage individual scheme budgets and report on change to the scheme brief.
Key Skills and Qualifications:
- Good communication skills (written & oral) required as the post holder will be required to liaise with all stakeholders.
- Knowledge and understanding of Highway Maintenance standard procedures
- Experienced in the use of AutoCad. Familiarity with general office IT software
- HNC/HND, Foundation degree, degree or diploma qualified (or equivalent) in relevant engineering discipline or have relevant experience in Highways Maintenance.
- Good technical knowledge and awareness of highways
- A good understanding of relevant health & safety legislation and codes of practice is required to ensure that safety is a primary consideration for all works
- Basic understanding of Highway Policy
- Capable of applying a range of technical skills in a prescribed manner
Make the journey. Leave a legacy.
Being part of Kier means living our values of being collaborative, trusted and focused. We all have the potential to shape our world, and it’s through these values that we will leave a lasting legacy. Bring your talent and ambition to Kier and you will be given the scope and opportunity to invest in your own future, to build your expertise and contribute to a rich and diverse culture.
Kier is an inclusive employer.
Let’s shape your world together.