Eden Brown are working with a privately owned M&E maintenance business who work across the South of England, the South West, the Midlands and North, London and the City. To support their growth in the North, we are recruiting within their Operations Team for a Van Mobile M&E Service Engineer to cover Manchester.
Salary: £32,640.00 + Van + Fuel Card
Reports to: Contract Management, Midlands and North Region
- Basic plumbing tasks including minor installations, leak checking, sanitary repairs.
- First response to electrical faults/calls (inc' luminaire checks). Knowledge on isolations (LOTO) and small installations.
- Comprehensive IT ability to work with business CAFM systems, respond to and send emails as required.
- BMS knowledge, ability to identify faults and alarms as well as monitor timings and set points to optimise building energy usage.
- HVAC maintenance, observe/report. Ability to perform basic diagnostics and advise if subcontractors are required.
- Fire alarm monitoring including weekly tests to ensure compliance of site, and understanding of fire safety systems (alarm, sprinklers, hose reels etc). - Subcontractor management including understanding of PTW systems, CDM 2015 and risk assessment documentation.
- Water hygiene including temperature/plant monitoring, ability to identify areas of non-conformance and plan resolutions to suit.
- Plant area checking across HVAC, gas boilers, AHU's etc, ability to understand problems and manage issues to full resolution. - Site compliance documentation organising, self-auditing and feeding into client and consultants as/when required.
- Attention to detail across high-profile client-facing tenanted buildings, ability to prioritise reactive workload against planned works and maintain high standards of conduct whilst under pressure.
Engineer Skills and Qualifications:
- Client Facing.
- Abilitiy to work independently off of their own initiative.
- Common sense.
- Electrical qualifications C&G3220 (or equivalent).
- Basic plumbing skills for first fix and first response,
- Knowledge of legionellosis control - L8 ACOP, HSG 274 (formal qualification preferred).
- IOSH/NEBOSH (preferred).
- Working knowledge of HVAC systems including chillers/FCU's and AHU's.
- Management of PTW systems (training will be given).
- Comprehensive understanding of H&S including PPE, Asbestos at Work LOTO, Safe Methods of Working Practices.
- Experience of SFG20 and working as a self-starter.
- Comply with the company health and safety policy at all times.
Note: This role is subject to DBS Clearance, clean driving licence and proof of the right to work in the UK.
For a confidential chat about the role, please contact Oliver Rushent on 02382023790 or forward a copy of your CV to [email protected]
Eden Brown is committed to equality in the workplace and is an equal opportunity employer. Eden Brown Ltd is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.