We're Checkout.com. We're building the connected finance businesses deserve. Unleashing them with tomorrow's technology, today. Our flexible payments solutions help global enterprises — like Samsung, Deliveroo and Adidas — launch new products and create experiences customers love. And it's not just what we build that makes us different. It's how.
We liberate smart, passionate people to collaborate, innovate and do their best work — faster. That's why we're one of the most valuable fintech firms around. But we're just getting started. By cutting through financial complexity, we'll empower companies to change the world. Join us. Unlock your potential.
Build tomorrow, today.
*About the role:*
ProcessOut is a company recently acquired by Checkout.com. We run a payment API that large online merchants rely on to improve their processing performance. Our goal within the next year is to bring this technology to the full Checkout.com client portfolio, while improving our existing platform and ensuring its stability.
You will lead our payments and infrastructure teams to accomplish this high-impact migration. You will also be in charge of managing the roadmap of our existing environment, while keeping our production environment stable. The ideal candidate has deep payment knowledge, significant expertise in most of our areas of stack, and a track record at establishing a long-term technical vision and delivering it.
* Exposure to building & operating reliable systems
* Experience within the FinTech/Payments industry
* Solid understanding of HTTP and RESTful API design
* Experience with the Go programming language
* Experience with public clouds and infrastructure-as-code software (we use AWS & Terraform)
* Experience with container orchestration systems (we run Kubernetes)
* Experience with SQL and NoSQL databases
* Solid experience in software development, design and architecture
* Experience with Continuous Integration and Deployment workflows
* Excellent communication skills, ability to interact effectively with multidisciplinary teams
* Fluent in English
What you will be doing:*
* Lead and support our Payments and Infrastructure teams; work with our Data team
* Be responsible to meet and exceed our API’s high uptime requirements. This the most important metric for our product.
* Handle our incident response and post-incident investigation processes; participate in on-call rotations
* Research, experiment and plan for the long-term vision of our payment products, their underlying technology, and our infrastructure
* Work with key customers and third-party payment processing partners to improve performance
* Manage our PCI DSS compliance program
* Maintain high quality standards and best practices for code, infrastructure and documentation
* Contribute to designing, developing, and delivering new features for our products
* Hire and develop engineers on the team, and help them advance in their careers
Checkout.com is an equal opportunities employer. We welcome applications from all members of society irrespective of age, sex, disability, sexual orientation, race, religion, or belief.
We make recruiting decisions based on your experience, skills and personality. We believe that employing a diverse workforce is the right thing to do and is central to our success.
* Competitive Salary & Performance Bonus
* Cutting Edge Technology & Latest IT tools
* Company retreat (surprise annual trips)
* Flexible working, 24 days of paid leave and Birthday off
* Season Ticket Loan, Cycle to Work Scheme, comprehensive benefit plans
* Internal community groups and cultural events
* Employee-led community outreach, payroll giving and a volunteering day
* A global wellness programme and private health insurance
* Tailored career development and learning pathways
* Peer recognition program and quarterly Hero Awards
TBC Management, .NET, Go, AWS, CI/CDGo, .NET, Docker, HTTP, REST, AWS, Terraform, Kubernetes, CI/CD