- Technical Architect – Modern Workplace & EUC (11116) Technical Architect – Modern Workplace & EUC (11116) Description
We have disrupted the way people travel since we started 25 years ago and, in recent times, have faced the biggest disruption in our history, but we are back flying and want you to come and join us. We carry more than 96 million passengers annually, over 1000 routes across 36 countries. We lead the industry in data, digital, web, engineering and operational innovations, to make travel more easy and affordable for our passengers. We take sustainability seriously, and we are the first major airline to operate net-zero carbon flights across the whole of our network.
easyJet has been decisive in meeting the challenges presented by the current pandemic by cutting costs, reducing our capex while retaining our fleet flexibility and securing an additional £2bn in funding. After grounding our fleet in March, we successfully resumed operations in mid-June, incorporating new enhanced bio security measures to ensure our staff and customers can fly safely. We will gradually ramp up our flying to around 75% of our routes in August, albeit with lower frequencies, so our customers can travel again.
As Europe emerges from the Covid-19 crisis, easyJet is well placed to strengthen its leading position as a trusted brand offering value for money with an industry-leading network of primary airports. This time has taught us more about flexibility, balance and wellbeing - whether that’s working remotely, part time, or needing extra support when times are tough – because it’s clear that our people and passion set us apart. When you fly with us you’ll see we have bags of passion for travel and getting you to your destination with the best experience possible. Working in our non-flying roles is no different and our culture – known as our orange spirit - is a real thing – and it’s people who love to work with fast paced, quick thinking and energetic people. You need to have resilience to work here (as recent events have shown) but the experience you gain is like no other.JOB PURPOSE
Working in a dynamic environment, the Technical Architect is responsible for the technical design of applications and platforms within the IT estate, adhering to enterprise standards and best practice. The role works closely with enterprise architects, solution architects, business analysts, developers and delivery managers to deliver IT Change that meets the needs of projects and programmes within easyJet’s enterprise portfolio.
The successful candidate will have the following responsibilities;
- Accountable for preparing and maintaining technical architecture artefacts for Business and IT End User Compute (EUC) Platforms including AS-IS, TO-BE (Roadmaps) and transitional states for Modern Workplace services.
- Work with the rest of the Modern Workplace and EUC Team to govern the lifecycle of one or more of easyJet’s shared technology/infrastructure platforms.
- Accountable for ensuring Modern Workplace designs meet business and it functional and non-functional requirements including (but not limited to): performance, resilience, scalability, capacity management, disaster recovery, security, maintainability, supportability and lifecycle.
- Collaborating with enterprise architecture and peers to identify and agree the technical standards, frameworks, tooling and patterns for technical solutions adhering to enterprise standards and best practice.
- Supporting solution architects in the creation of end-to-end architecture. Accountable for the related technical design and any amendments resulting from Technical Design Assurance.
- Provide technical expertise, guidance and technical assurance to developers/engineers ensuring consistency and conformity to agreed standards.
- Collaborate with key business stakeholders to identify existing or future exploitable opportunities to drive business value.
- Working with onshore, offshore and nearshore vendor support and development teams as required.
- Input and support the wider Technical Architecture community and practice; including the review of designs at Local Design Authority and provide peer review feedback for designs that impact Modern Workplace and End User Computing.
- Work with fellow TA’s to create and maintain and propose new technical standards/patterns, innovations and solutions to improve the EasyJet technology function.
- Undertake the appropriate training and knowledge sharing with other teams (including 3rd parties where required).
Requirements of the Role The successful candidate will have the following skills and experience;
REQUIRED TECHNICAL SKILLS
- Ability to generate artefacts for End User Compute and Modern Workplace which .
- Articulate and demonstrate touch points to other IT domains e.g. Infrastructure to networks.
- Good understanding of design best practices, including design principles & patterns, security and performance.
- Ability to explain complex technical concepts to both technical and non-technical audiences
- Understands and have familiarity with technical governance and design frames works such as TOGAF
- Develop of patterns and building blocks that allow for a repeatable approach for commonly deployed components & services within the enterprise domain.
- New technology awareness, evaluation and selection; experience with running or supporting vendor RFI and RFP processes.
- Understands and able to design complex services that integrate with existing or new services, including business and IT services.
- Strong understanding and experience Microsoft 365 including and not limited to:
- Identity and Access Management including Active Directory and Azure AD
- Social Media Platforms
- Desktop and Application Virtualisation
- Enterprise System Management including SCCM, Shavlik/Ivanti, Intune and Airwatch
- Mobility Solutions
- Collaboration and Knowledge Management
- Network Services including DNS and DHCP
- Certificate Authorities and Services
- Traditional File and Print services
Applicants must have the right to work in the country where the role is based and will provide upon request, proof of Right to Work in the relevant country.
#LI-SH1 Business Area Information Technology (IT) Primary Location United Kingdom-London-London Luton Airport Organisation Information Technology (IT) Schedule Full-time Unposting Date Ongoing