Specialist role Developer
Summary of the work Requirement is to deliver functionality enhancements to an existing application used by HM Forces to plan and authorise adventurous training, in accordance with the Product Owners priorities.
Latest start date 1 October 2016
Expected contract length This is for 83 contracted working days with a possible 14 days ELS.
Region South East England
Organisation the work is for MoD
About the work
Who the specialist will work with The likely team will consist of the following: Product Owner, Senior User, Scrum Practitioner, In-Service Manager, Tester. On a daily basis, the successful applicant is likely to work in team of 2-3.
What the specialist will work on
- Undertake application design and development work to ensure delivery of robust Oracle APEX application enhancements, meeting the needs of the customers.
- To work closely with other members of the development team, the Product Owner, requirements analysts and testers on an ongoing basis.
- To contribute during sprint planning meetings, daily stand-ups and retrospectives, demonstrate software delivered to stakeholders during sprint reviews.
- Tasks will also include production of relevant technical documentation to support the application to the standards specified by the IAS Software Development Standards.
- To contribute user stories.
- Adhoc development support as necessary.
Address where the work will take place Andover, Hampshire
Working arrangements An Agile methodology will be adopted therefore on site for 5 days a week for the purpose of daily stand-ups is essential. No expenses will be met. Army Headquarters’ standard working day is 7.5 hours between 08:30 hrs and 17:30 hrs. Individuals are expected to comply with Army Headquarters’ working practices.
Security clearance SC-level clearance is required for this post. Qualifications
Skills and experience
Essential skills and experience
- A minimum of 5 years recent experience using Oracle Application Express (APEX) 4 or 5
- A minimum of 5 years recent experience using SQL and PL/SQL with Oracle Database 10g, 11g or 12c
- A minimum of 5 years recent experience securing APEX Applications using the built in security functions.
- A minimum of 24 months experience using ApexSec Security Console to diagnose security issues within APEX Applications and provide the necessary fixes.
- A minimum of 12 months experience using Oracle BI Publisher 11g
- A minimum of 12 months experience Oracle Enterprise Linux 5.x or Red Hat Linux 6.x
- A minimum of 12 months experience Batch, Perl and Shell Scripting
- Experience of working in agile teams is required and must possess a willingness to be part of a highly collaborative team and to work closely with the customer.
- Oracle Web Logic Server 10.3.6
- Oracle Fusion Middleware 126.96.36.199 (OID, Web Tier, OBIEE)
- Oracle Fusion Middleware 188.8.131.52 (OAM, Web Gate)
- JetBrains TeamCity 9.x
- Microsoft Team Foundation Server 2013.
Nice-to-have skills and experience
- Work in a military environment and deal with military personnel.
- Work within a Data Warehousing Project
- Experience using a software configuration management system, such as GIT
- VMWare ESXi
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
- Type: Contract
- Function: Information Technology