We are the AA. And we keep everyone's show on the road. There for our customers wherever and whenever they need us, we're always ready for anything. That's why, for over 100 years, we've continued to evolve and adapt. Today, as the nation's number one motoring organization, we offer a range of excellent products and services to millions of customers.
Location: Remote Based with travel to Cardiff on a monthly basis
Salary: £38,000-£50,000 DOE
Full time, permanent/FTCThis is the job
We are currently seeking full stack developers to join our growing team based in Cardiff set reinvigorate the school's products on the web and mobile platforms. If you are looking to be challenged in a fast-paced environment delivering high quality products for one of the UK's most recognisable brands we'd love to hear from you.What will I be doing?
What do I need? Capability, Knowledge and Experience:
- Develop high quality, maintainable, and scalable solutions
- Own delivery of features end to end, analysis and design
- Take ownership of system stability over the different environments
- Investigate new tools/technologies/ideas to promote further improvement of the system
- Promote and enforce best practices, existing development guidelines and continuous code improvement
Education and Qualifications:
- Experience of developing web and app-based solutions
- Experience with React / React Native
- Experience with NodeJS and/or Go
- Experience with testing frameworks such as Jest / Mocha
- Exposure or interest in GraphQL
- Exposure or interest in working with Amazon Web Services (AWS) in particular AWS Serverless Application Model (SAM)
- Exposure or interest of automated testing tools such as Cypress.io / Selenium
- Willingness to work outside of area of expertise
- Degree or equivalent experience
Additional InformationWhat else is expected of me?
- Passionate in discovering cutting-edge customer insights
- Quick learner, Creative thinker, Researcher, Deliver
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal
Good conduct matters at the AA. It's very important that you act with honesty & integrity, are respectful of others and have a consistent desire to do the right thing. Everyone at the AA lives these behaviours, so we are all able to support the delivery of good outcomes for our customers.