- Provide guidance with datum structure, key characteristics and the application of Geometric Dimensioning & Tolerancing (GD&T) to Engineering drawings.
- To support the Product design process through direct instruction to Engineering identifying DFM/A opportunities and best practice.
- Reviewer and authorised signatory for drawing release ensuring standardisation and manufacturability criteria are met.
- Perform cost analysis of product and process alternatives.
- Write process specifications and make recommendations regarding ergonomic improvements.
- To lead, facilitate or progress production PFMEA’s, to support Programme and Customer requirements, driving finding through to solution that control Critical to Quality (CTQ) parameters pertinent to manufacturing.
- Active involvement in the Level 1 MDWT (Mission Directed Work Team) meetings.
- Development of SPC techniques and implementation of monitoring where appropriate
- Use mathematical models to simulate capacity planning in support of development of process modelling and logistic requirements to allow cost benefit realisation.
- To at all times, drive product (Unit Piece Cost) UPC reduction and deliver process repeatability maintaining Quality objectives and adhering to H&S local requirements.
- Support with the business process reviews and generation / update of relevant documentation.
Job Reference Number 6130BR Employee Type Full Time Hours Per Week 37.5 Country United Kingdom Business Environment Lockheed Martin (UK) Ampthill is a rapidly changing, dynamic part of the Lockheed Martin Corporation with both domestic and international customers. It consists of three business areas focusing on Vehicles, Special Projects and Mission Support, which provide a variety of products and services to the MoD and other customers including the Warrior CSP, Scout and support to the Land Environment Air Picture Provision capability. We are looking for talented individuals to join the company, in return, we can offer an exciting and challenging career path. Please note that Lockheed Martin Ampthill work a 9 day fortnight with the site closed every second Friday. Clearance Required for Role SC Graduate, Intern or Apprentice Vacancy? No Required skills, qualifications and experience
- A comprehensive understanding of Engineering Drawing Practice with the ability to recognise datum structures, interpret and apply appropriate GD&T as well as identify key characteristics.
- Full understanding of DFM/A and PFMEA principles and the use of them in a practical application.
- Good communication skills that can sell and influence to a range of audiences with the ability to work with all levels of the business .
- An independent thinker, able to take an assertive stance to enforce the key requirements of quality and the customer .
- Familiarity with a 3D CAD package sufficient to support presentation of data in respect of DFM solutions and highlighting model and tooling clash conditions.
- Demonstrate a level of design and manufacturing process industry experience; which may include mechanical assembly, machining, fabrication, welding, casting, plastic moulding and robotics.
- Experience of driving change in process, behaviour and culture.
- Understanding of SPC data and calculations
- Problem solving experience (8D, A3, Root Cause Analysis etc.)
- Strong analytical skills.
- Key competences: Personal accountability, building relationships, planning for results, customer first, adaptability.
- Capable of obtaining SC – Security Clearance.
Desired skills, qualifications and experience
- Experience of writing specifications for manufacturing / inspection equipment and make recommendations for equipment procurement.
- Experience of tooling design and production facility development.
- Detailed understanding of the fundamentals of MRP and experience in the maintenance of Manufacturing BOM’s and routings and controlling factors within SAP (or similar ERP software).
- Experience of working with Creo 2.0 or similar package with the ability to interpret models, recognise tooling access and load path issues. Also to create sections and apply images to Power Point presentations to deliver DFM solutions, highlight mechanical assembly and tooling clash conditions.
- Knowledge of Windchill or similar tool for documentation management.
- Lean Six Sigma qualified
Equal Opportunity Statement Lockheed Martin recognises and actively promotes the benefits of a diverse workforce and is committed to treating all employees with dignity and respect regardless of race, gender, disability, age, sexual orientation, religion or belief. Discrimination on any of these grounds is expressly forbidden. We therefore welcome applications from all sections of the community.22/01/2021
- Discipline: Engineering
- Town/Region: Ampthill - Bedfordshire