Harlow DCContract Type
£28800 Closing Date
2020-06-30T11:00:00 Role Overview
As a key part of the site management team, we are currently recruiting for a Warehouse Team Manager to work as part of a team responsible for the effective day-to-day running of the warehouse operation:Key Responsibilities
Experience and Qualifications
- Motivate and manage the team to achieve, and where possible exceed, all performance objectives.
- Effective management of resources to achieve KPIs (cost, quality, service, and absence).
- Ensure a proactive approach to Health & Safety via risk assessment and by ensuring that warehouse team members comply with Health and Safety policies and requirements.
- Conduct regular individual reviews and where necessary agree a performance improvement plan.
- Time & Attendance management.
- Process control of order, loading/tipping of vehicles and the returns operation.
- Any 5 from 7 shifts, rotating early/late shifts, including weekends and Bank Holidays with a requirement to work additional hours / shifts as necessary.
- Attention detail is key for this role as is the ability to analyse data and make recommendations.
- Must be capable of motivating a team to meet the required standards on site.
- Customer focused and able to build effective relationships with the team, client and other third parties.
- Experience with customer relations is desirable but not essential.
- Experience of health and safety regulations in a warehouse environment is essential.
- Experience in a warehouse environment, including detailed understanding of warehouse management systems.
- Be able to demonstrate previous successful experience of managing a team.
- Excellent communication skills combined with logical problem solving skills.
- Enthusiastic, committed and able to respond positively to changing demands.
- Experience of using MS Office applications such as Word, Excel to an intermediate standard is a must.
It is an exciting time to join us...Wincanton is a leading Third Party Logistics (3PL) firm, providing supply chain consultancy and solutions to some of the world's most admired brands in the UK and Ireland.
As the largest British logistics company we work in diverse Industry Sectors such as Retail, Consumer Goods, Energy, Defence, Construction and Milk adding value through our supply chain expertise and innovative approach to logistic challenges. We put our Customers at the heart of everything we do and our mission is "to make our Customers business's better every day".
We employ approximately 17,500 people across more than 200 sites and have a 3,400-strong fleet of vehicles.
Our people are at the core of business and what makes Wincanton great. That's why we provide significant opportunities for career progression, as well as training, enrichment and multi-skilling, in a dynamic working environment.
With continued success and business growth Wincanton have opportunities for exceptional Candidates...