telent, Team Leader - IT Infrastructure
In these extraordinary times of the coronavirus outbreak telent is continuing to Recruit.
We provide services to customers which are integral to providing mission critical systems and infrastructure across the UK and Ireland and we need to continue to deliver those services.
Every time you pick up the phone, surf the Internet, travel on a motorway, catch a train, bus or tube, or even dial 999; chances are telent have enabled the technology to make this happen. telent is a technology partner to some of the biggest names in the transport sector including Highways England, London Underground, Network Rail and Transport for London; providing maintenance and management of our customers assets to ensure continued and reliable service is maintained for their critical communications infrastructure.
• A versatile technical manager with proven experience motivating and leading teams.
• To be responsible for IT Infrastructure Team rostering and performance, ensuring the team work in alignment with the technical framework and Service Management processes.
• Ensuring the team is fully equipped with the tools and knowledge to investigate, diagnose and resolve technical incidents for all systems.
• A proven track record in the management of IT system projects.
• Leading and managing high volume mission critical 24*7 IT Operations ensuring service excellence. This includes responsibility for the key disciplines of service management and service delivery (e.g. incident, problem, change, transition, configuration management, asset and obsolescence management, service continuity, availability, capacity and reporting.)
• Maintain system availability, security and performance through the leading of continuous improvement projects.
• Assist in the coaching and mentoring of colleagues with regular technical review meetings.
• Contribute in the development of processes and aligned documentation, which are aligned to ITIL Best Practices.
• Work closely with decision makers in other departments to identify, recommend, develop, implement and support cost-effective technology and process solutions.
• Producing statistics and management reports aligned with department KPI's & metrics.
• Skills matrix completely up to date aligned to the operational strategy.
• Provide technical and improvement input into customer performance reports.
• Initiates and implements continuous improvement in all areas of responsibility.
• Analysis of long-term impact of new or anticipated strategies and contributes to telent's operational and functional strategy.
• Support the development of all team members through regular reviews, appraisals and development programmes.
Business Operations Skills - Experience:
*Strong previous System Administrator experience working with appropriate infrastructure systems.
• Experience with Microsoft Server and client operating systems, Active Directory, VMware vSphere, SCOM, SCCM, MS SQL, Monitoring Tools, GPO, DNS, Updates and Patching, NetApp, McAfee Security products and Dell storage solutions.
• Experience with using enterprise SAN solutions, following vendor best practice methodologies.
• Strong technical experience in leading projects teams in the scoping, implementation and delivery of improvement projects.
• Ensure that the system is fully tested throughout development and before full deployment.
• Relevant experience in leading and motivating teams, preferably within the telecoms industry
• Experience of working in a high pressure, technical environment to critical deadlines.
• Strong understanding of ITIL best practice and product lifecycles.
Business Operations Skills - Qualifications:
Qualifications include: MCSE, VCP, ITIL
• Capable of looking for innovative and creative solutions to problems
• Builds trust and a collaborative relationship with stakeholders across the organisation and colleagues within the team
• Strives for continuous improvement, delivers and supports new processes and directions
• "Can Do" positive outlook and attitude to any problems and difficulties faced
• Leads with conviction and commitment
Excellent Employee benefits:
telent is committed to ensuring that we offer industry leading career opportunities, salary and benefits packages. Join us and you can expect to receive:
• 33 days holiday, including public holidays, plus the option to buy or sell five days each year
• Company pension scheme
• A range of family friendly policies
• An employee-funded car leasing scheme
• Occupational health support
• Discounts on Cinema, Restaurants and Shopping with telent Reward scheme
telent is an equal opportunities employer and is committed to diversity and inclusion