Development Team Lead
Posting Country: United Kingdom
Date Posted: 04-Jun-2020
Full Time / Part Time: Full Time
Contract Type: Permanent
Our purpose at Vodafone is to connect for a better future. As a Global Communications Technology company, we put the customer at the heart of everything we do. We are forever challenging, pushing boundaries and discovering innovative ways to connect our customers with their digital societies.
We connect people, businesses, and communities across the globe to create the future. We earn customer loyalty, experiment, learn fast and get it done, together.
Join our journey as we connect for a better future. Ready?Development Chapter Lead Location: Newbury, Vodafone HQ (Full-time remote working during COVID-19) Salary: £Competitive Salary + Benefits
Hours: 37.5 Mon-FriCOVID-19 Notice: We are continuing recruitment and have implemented new processes that promote candidate and employee safety. As part of this we have moved to a virtual hiring and onboarding process until further notice.
We innovate, invent and continuously improve Vodafone UK Digital works within the heart of our business. Empowering Vodafone's mission of being a digital-first company is in everything we do.What will you be doing?
We are currently in the process of decommissioning our legacy systems and using micro services architecture to create our own home -grown systems.
You will be a part of our four tribes, where we are building new customer interactions using Java, Spring, Micro services, AWS, Docker, REST, OpenAPI and BDD via CI/CD and Agile delivery. You will also be line managing, supporting and coaching a team of engineers.
If you are passionate about TDD, have explored FP, and want to bring your engineering ideas to life on solutions that process millions of interactions every day, we want to hear from you.Who are we looking for?
What's in it for you?
- You will have a strong background in hands on design & development of digital platforms as part of a development squad using Scrum/Kanban within a SAFe environment
- Good background in driving the quality and performance of your micro-services
- Good background in Line management, support and coaching of 6-7 engineers
- A Strong background in designing and developing RESTful APIs within a micro-services architecture
- Deep knowledge of Java (JEE) and Java Servlets
- Great exposure in Scrum and developing through BDD/TDD, using associated tools for testing and continuous integration & deployment
- A good background in supporting and coaching developers at all levels
- An ability to challenge others in doing what is right for the business.
- A passion for finding solutions to problems that have not been solved before.
An excellent remuneration and bonus package with 28 days holiday entitlement, in addition to bank holidays and paid leave for charity projects. We offer an extensive and flexible benefits package that can be tailored to suit you and your family. From our market-leading parental leave policies through to employee discounts, retail vouchers, pension plan and share schemes we are committed to supporting you throughout your career with Vodafone.The future is exciting.
Ready?Posting End Date: 22nd May 2020
Vodafone is committed to attracting, developing and retaining the very best people by offering a motivating and inclusive workplace in which talent is truly recognised and rewarded. We are committed to promoting Inclusion for All with the belief that diversity plays an important role in the success of our business. We actively encourage everyone to consider becoming a part of our journey.