Damco provides leading-edge IT services, outsourcing and business solutions to organizations worldwide enhancing business certainty, competitive advantage and innovation.
For around two decades, Damco Solutions is helping enterprises to stay steadfast in a volatile business environment through its comprehensive portfolio of IT and IT-enabled services with a distinct focus on offshore software development, application management, product engineering, BPO and mobility services.
Started as an offshore software development company, today Damco has established footprints in global markets with technology partnerships, worldwide customers and company marketing & sales offices. Damco capabilities have successfully extended to dedicated practice assemblies for Microsoft Dynamics, Mobilization, Cloud Computing and for Insurance and Publishing Industries.
Role: Desktop Support Engineer
Work Location: London, UK
Job Type: Permanent Role
The Desktop Support Administrator role is to provide a single point of contact for end users to receive support and maintenance within the organization's desktop computing environment. This includes installing, diagnosing, repairing, maintaining, and upgrading all hardware and equipment (including but not limited to PC, terminals, printers, scanners, Mobility Devices) to ensure optimal workstation performance. The person will also troubleshoot problem areas (in person, by telephone, or via remote access) in a timely and accurate fashion, and provide end-user assistance where required.
· Install, upgrade, support and troubleshoot Windows 7 and Microsoft Office 2007 & 13 and any other authorised desktop applications.
· Support remote users in Citrix Environment (VDI).
· Install, upgrade, support and troubleshoot for printers, computer hardware and any other authorised peripheral equipment.
· Performs general preventative maintenance tasks on computers, laptops, Mobility, printers and any other authorised peripheral equipment.
· Performs remedial repairs on computers, laptops, printers and any other authorized peripheral equipment.Qualifications
· College diploma or university degree in the field of computer science
· Industry certifications, this can include A+, N+ and/or MCTS/MCITP.Additional Information
EXPERIENCE/KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS
· Excellent technical knowledge of pcs and desktop hardware.
· Working technical knowledge of current protocols, operating systems and standards.
· Microsoft Desktop Support Technician an advantage.
· A+ and N+ experience.
· Windows 7, Windows 2000/2003/2008 experience.
· Routers, switches and firewall experience.
· Microsoft Office 2007, Office 2010 support.
· Should have experience with a ticketing Tools like Service now.
· Should be familiarize Citrix Environment (VDI).
· Knowledge of all software applications used within the organization.
· Self-confidence and interpersonal skills.
· Analytical and problem solving skills.
· Good communication (both verbal and written) skills.
· Strong listening skills.
· Able to operate effectively in a team environment with both technical and nontechnical team members.
· Able to manage time effectively, set priorities appropriately, schedule calls
· Able to maintain professional demeanour under stress
· Able to operate within customer standard operating proceduresSummary
London, England, London, SE11, United Kingdom