We’re Zipcar, the world’s largest car-sharing company, and we’re looking to add new talent to our team.
Today, Zipcar provides hundreds of thousands of people with a viable alternative to traditional car ownership saving them money, time and headaches. Zipcar members in cities across America, Canada and the UK are making the decision to live car free and enjoy the convenience, savings and environmental benefits of having “wheels when you want them”.
As we continue to grow we’re looking for talented, passionate people with great ideas to join the family in our UK team. We aim to create an environment that is as supportive, diverse and fun as our brand. If you’re results-oriented, dedicated, and ready to contribute to an unparalleled experience for our community of forward thinking members, we encourage you to apply.
We are for looking for a trustworthy, hardworking and reliable individual to join Zipcar in the role of Infleet Defleet Associate. The Infleet/Defleet Operations Team are responsible for the rotation of our Fleet of 2000+ cars across two Zipcar products. We transform a regular vehicle into a Zipcar and ensure that members have the right vehicle, at the right place, at the right time. You would be the driving force (literally) that puts our Fleet Plan into action.
The role is field based involving driving new vehicles from our delivery site at London Heathrow Airport to a variety of Zipcar bays across London and collecting older vehicles from the city. You will be working closely with the Field and Office Coordinators and site staff to complete the relevant vehicle moves as efficiently and seamlessly as possible.
Requirements & Qualifications:
* The ability to be flexible with location, willing to work throughout the city
* The capability to start and end your day in Heathrow
* A good understanding of London geography and transport networks
* Confident driving a variety of vehicle sizes and model types
* Confident in basic vehicle maintenance, to be carried out roadside, including: charging batteries, replacing tyres, wing mirrors etc.
* The ability to communicate effectively by phone and email with head office
* Computer literate – comfortable using web-based tools through mobile devices
* Held a full driver’s license that is eligible in the UK for a minimum of 2 years, with no more than 3 points
* A strong grasp of the English language
Our ideal candidate will have the following attributes:
* Strong work ethic, happy to work in all weathers
* Able to work quickly and efficiently while meeting high standards
* Meticulous attention to detail and the ability to plan and adapt existing plans effectively
* Ability to identify and prioritise critical tasks
* Able to forge strong relationships with the London Heathrow site team, who are managed by our parent company Avis Budget Group
* Personable and helpful if approached by Zipcar Members or members of the public during your shift
* Comfortable working independently
When mobile, you will start and finish work at one of our vehicle locations in London. We may also ask you to start or finish your day at our Victoria office (SW1W).
Hours: 8am-5pm Tuesday to Saturday (one-hour lunch is included)