It's rewarding to work at a company where YOU make a difference!If you're passionate about the ever-changing IT industry and enjoy working in a fast-paced, collaborative progressive environment, you'll thrive at Tech Data!Join our team to connect the world with the power of technology!
We are seeking a L1 Customer Support Engineer to join our team of committed IT professionals, providing industry-leading 24x7 managed IT and support services to Tech Data Partners, End Customers and Vendors.
Tech Data's 24x7 TechCARE support team is responsible for ensuring the customer experience is of the highest standard, underpinning Tech Data's intent to be the leading provider of Distribution-led support and managed services through a relentless focus on customer obsession, delivery quality and personal accountability.
As a key member of the TechCARE support team you will be based from the TechCARE Service Centre in Bracknell, UK where you will work with colleagues within a 24x7 shift pattern, fielding and managing customer support requests, ensuring they are managed promptly and effectively at all times.
The L1 Customer Support Engineer will be fully trained across Tech Data's portfolio of Cloud, Security and Datacentre technologies so that you are equipped to provide direct support to clients and improve the responsiveness of the service at all times. Successful candidates will be given every opportunity to grow their own competencies and careers within Tech Data through a commitment to personal development and training so this role is an excellent opportunity for anyone seeking to develop their careers in customer services, technical support or beyond.Role Responsibilities
Key Requirements of the Role
- Be a service advocate, representing the TechCARE Service Centre in an enthusiastic and positive manner at all times no matter who you are engaged with
- Take personal accountability for the customer experience, ensuring issues are managed to the highest standard support by excellent communication.
- Work through a training programme andshadow an existing Line 1 engineers before progressingonto the operational support desk
- Answer calls, e-mails and web queries to a professional standard as demonstrated in training
- Maintain accurate and up-to-date call records (tickets) using the call record and progress system
- Keep a regular call schedule,ensuretickets are managed as per the ticket handling procedures,updatingpartners, vendors andthird partysupplierson open tickets.
- Complete an accurate and detailed hand-over to other engineers of any calls and tasks in progress
- Ensure all calls/emails/self-service items areactionedtriaged to appropriate priority levels and escalated to the correct resolver teams.
- Ensure tickets are created and escalated within the service SLA's
- Ensure customer environment alerts monitoringis observed 24x7 raising tickets and escalating as per the service procedures.
- Provide white labelled call aggregation forPartners and their end users.
- Attend formal and informal training sessions to enhance their knowledge and progress to the next engineering position
- Be available to work as a member of the support desk team working on a 24 x 7 rotating shift system that includes weekends and bank holidays
Cultural Competency Requirements:
- Evidence of "above and beyond" mindset
- Excellent communication skills, written and verbal
- Team player, strong collaboration and engagement with colleagues
- >1 years experience in an IT help desk or support role
- Educated to HND or above
- Fluent in the use of Microsoft Office applications
- Multilingual skills an advantage
- For this position, you will be expected to understand, communicate, and collaborate effectively with people across variousidentities and cultures.