DPD is the fastest growing
express parcel delivery company in the UK, with a turnover over £1 billion. Voted the nation's favourite parcel carrier
for the last 7 years, we have a very clear strategy to support our enviable position. We will deliver the best service
, use the best technology
and recruit and retain the best people in the industry.
We are currently recruiting a Shift Manager,
to help strengthen
our depot operations team and help them achieve ever-greater heights. This role will be based at our depot in Dunstable LU5 4TP
In this role you will be working closely with our self employed owner drivers (OD's)
and employed Drivers, b
uilding a strong rapport with them while keeping the drivers engaged, well managed
throughout the year.Other key accountabilities will be;
QualificationsWhat we're looking for;
- Ensuring all delivery & collection routes are properly set and that driver's scan and load their vans for delivery in a safe, timely and efficient manner.
- Maintaining on-going communication with drivers to resolve any issues
- Ensuring adequate resources are available to guarantee any ad-hoc collections are picked up either via your pool of drivers or by using couriers/agencies.
- Ensuring that all relevant documentation and systems are completed accurately and in line with company and/or legislative requirements
- Working to set Key Performance Indicators including Service, Cost, Productivity, Transport and Health and Safety.
Additional InformationJob Specifics
- You will have experience in a fast paced operation with proven and demonstrable people management experience, involving direct accountability and responsibility for motivating and leading a high performing team, ideally within a Transport Setting
- You will have strong communication skills with the ability to inspire, motivate and manage team.
- Decisive and effective decision-making, problem resolution and time management skills.
- Demonstrate high levels of resilience, self-motivation and flexibility.
- Excellent computer skills with the ability to use Google chrome applications
- The ability to do comprehensive reporting, alongside analysis of data is a key requirement for this role.
- You will be highly vigilant to any unscrupulous activity taking swift and appropriate action when required.
You will have a comprehensive induction to DPD where we will go through the key processes that are required to make you a 'rock star'.
This role will require you to work mornings. Our depots operate 365 days a year, therefore you will be required to cover any 5 shifts, which will include weekend working.A full UK driving license is essential. Remuneration
Your package will include a competitive salary
and you will also be entitled to a competitive bonus scheme t
hat is based on individual and company targets. As well as this you have access to some other fantastic optional benefits
such as Cycle2Work Scheme, Dining Cards, Holiday trading and discounts and savings on 1000's of retailers.