The Collections Specialist's primary duties are focused on the collections of dues owed and reduction in the amount of outstanding customer receivables. The Corporate Collector owns a specific number of accounts and must possess the ability to monitor multiple accounts, as well as generate and review AR reports. They are also responsible for driving the team's efforts in the receipt of payments from clients and the processing of the payments to the proper accounts, as well being hands-on.
• Manage a portfolio of clients ensuring prompt payment by making outbound calls to Accounts Payable functions and business approvers.
• Work to clear cash, aged debt, and unapplied payment targets.
• Liaise with customers directly, as well as with billing teams and account managers to resolve disputes.
• Contact customers via telephone to resolve past-due balance, obtaining payment promises and resolving queries and disputes.
• Ensure aging is current and that customer issues are resolved timely, entering credit promptly and ensuring its review.
Ideal Candidate Profile:
You are a motivated, hard-working, tenacious, and approachable person who can be firm when needed and does not shy away from picking up the telephone to resolve a query. You may have completed an undergraduate degree within a finance discipline and you possibly have customer service experience. Above all, you are a team player who is hands-on and always looking for solutions and how to improve processes.
• Excellent command of English, written and spoken.
• Fluent in French, written and spoken.
• Professional and articulate, able to communicate effectively with internal and external parties.
• Strong analytical skills
• Strong attention to detail
• Flexible and self-motivated, team player
• Excel knowledge
• Pivot tables and VLOOKUP's
• Ability to speak other European languages
• Monday to Friday, 09.00 - 17.00
• Travel may be required but you will be informed in advance
Nottingham, England, Nottinghamshire, NG1, United Kingdom