Eurofins Scientific is an international life sciences company which provides a unique range of analytical testing services to clients across multiple industries. The Group believes it is the world leader in food, environment, pharmaceutical and cosmetics products testing and in agroscience CRO services. It is also one of the global independent market leaders in certain testing and laboratory services for genomics, discovery pharmacology, forensics, CDMO, advanced material sciences and for supporting clinical studies. In addition, Eurofins is one of the leading global emerging players in specialty clinical diagnostic testing.
In 2018, Eurofins generated 4.2 billion euro proforma turnover, from 800 laboratories across 47 countries and employs about 45.000 staff.
The Eurofins Workplace Drug Testing team provide complete end to end drug & alcohol solutions for a wide spectrum of clients ranging from Construction, Maritime, Aviation and Rail Industries. The Role
You will join a team of Collection Officers providing a 24/7, 365 days a year service.
You will carry out Alcohol and Drug screening as required at locations as dictated by our client's requirements.
As part of a major expansion of our Workplace Drug & Alcohol testing operations we would welcome expressions of interest from anyone looking to work with us in the role of Collection Officer on a self-employed basis.Key Responsibilities and Accountabilities
QualificationsRequired Knowledge, Experience and Technical Skills
- You will have a full UK driving licence & insurance cover for work use.
- Collect biological samples as required and follow full chain of custody processes.
- Ensure prompt attendance at sites as required for both pre-planned collections and 'with cause' collections where a 24/7 response may be required at enhanced remuneration rates.
- Display a professional demeanour at all times whilst representing Eurofins.
- Methodical and process driven.
- Display integrity and confidentiality.
- Reliable and excellent time management.
- Flexible and willing to be deployed at short notice dependant on client requirements.
Applications from established collection officers are welcome as are applications from anyone keen to work in this field.Preferred Knowledge, Experience and Technical Skills
Full training will be given, however, knowledge of chain of custody processes would be an advantage.Additional Information
Due to the highly sensitive nature of the work, applicants should note that security clearance is required for this role. To gain security clearance you must have three years continuous residency in the UK. Criminal convictions may prevent you from gaining security clearance. In addition, this role will in require alcohol/drug screening.
Location: Due to the expanding client base Eurofins are seeking expressions of interest in these positions from all over the UK and Ireland.
Contract: Self employed