Job Category: IT Job Location: Lambeth, Greater London, United Kingdom BBS Recruitment is currently recruiting for an experienced Technology Policy and Assurance Manager in a temp position for our client in Lambeth. As a Top Tier agency across many local authorities nationwide, BBS Recruitment has access to jobs earlier than other agencies, giving you the best chance at securing the role. The main duties and responsibilties of a Technology Policy and Assurance Manager are:
- As a Technology Policy And Assurance Manager you are responsible for developing and managing a high performing Team to meet required Risk and Compliance, Business Continuity, Disaster Recovery and Information Security standards and controls required to ensure secure delivery of technology with effective risk management and minimal business disruption.
- Responsible for leading the design, development and implementation of technology policy governing Risk and Compliance, Business Continuity, Disaster Recovery and Information Security ensuring all policies align to Lambeth general policies providing a consistent approach enabling safe and secure delivery of services with minimal business disruption.
- As a Technology Policy and Assurance Manager you are responsible for the ensuring the monitoring and reporting of all implemented polices to ensure standards are adhered to and for intervention action as needed to correct any deviation preventing unnecessary risk and disruption to business services.
- Responsible for providing expert advice and guidance to Members, Executives, senior stakeholders, and technology users regarding all relevant policies to ensure awareness and compliance to reduce the risk of personal error that would create unnecessary risk r disruption to services.
- Responsible for leading the review and risk assessment of all technology design and change initiatives that all relevant polices are designed into services and that vulnerabilities are not created through the change process.
- As a Technology Policy and Assurance Manager you are responsible for leading the investigation in to any technical breeches of security ensuring corrective action is taken and that security incidents are correctly reported to Senior Management and external bodies such as the Information Commissioners Office as appropriate ensuring Lambeth maintains compliance with relevant legislation and regulatory requirements.
- To work flexibly in undertaking the duties and responsibilities of this job and participate as required in multi-disciplinary cross-department and cross-organisational groups and task teams.
- As a Technology Policy and Assurance Manager you are responsible for leading the accreditation of agreed relevant National and International standards working in collaboration with the Auditing Bodies to achieve and maintain accreditation .
- To take responsibility, relevant to the post, for ensuring that Council statutes and government legislation is upheld. This includes, amongst others, Management Compliance Charter, Environmental Policy, Data Protection Act, Race Equality Action Plan, Quality Assurance Plan, Health & Safety, Sustainable Construction and Recycling.
- Able to demonstrate extensive experience in a Technology Policy and Assurance role preferably working within a large Local Authority or with a Service Provider providing technology services in support of the public sector.
- Must demonstrate a track record of leading effective teams delivering high quality Services that have been proved successful in meeting complex business requirements and in enabling standardisation, simplification, sharing and re-use.
- Able to demonstrate a clear understanding and capability to work within relevant IT related standards.
- The post holder should be prepared to work outside of normal hours, including attending evening meetings, and occasional weekend working. Requirements: Due to the nature of this role we will only be accepting candidates who already are in possession of a valid DBS check. Hours Per Week: 35 If you are interested in this role please apply with your CV