- Policy Specialist (2100002V) Job Title and Vacancy Reference Number Policy Specialist - (2100002V) Policy Specialist – Information Security and Technology Risk
£39,100 - £49,000 plus benefits (Grade D17)
Manchester city centre, with flexible working options available
We’re looking for an experienced policy specialist to join our information security and technology risk team, a team critical in protecting our Co-op from cyber-attacks and vulnerabilities. You’ll be a key part of our newly formed technology centre of excellence, set up to serve the whole organisation, helping us deliver a quality day-to-day service to our members and customers.
We’ll look to you, as our policy specialist, to take ownership of the design and build of our policy framework. That will involve assessing and, where needed, changing existing policies and standards, as well as establishing new ones. It will be a unique role in which you’ll have the opportunity to work closely with colleagues right across our business, using both your technical skills and ability to connect with people, making sure policies are people-centred and therefore successfully understood and adopted. It’s a challenge many organisations face, and we want to pioneer the right way of ‘doing’ policy for our colleagues up and down the UK.
What you’ll be doing
• you'll have full responsibility for the information security policy framework at Co-op, designing and writing clear compliance documents for colleagues, presenting and gaining approval through internal governance, before moving forward to publish
• set the tone for security standards, at both a technical and procedural level
• work closely with your education counterpart to drive compliance, adoption and understanding of the policies by colleagues
• understand information security methodology and industry frameworks, and own key relationships with external bodies, to ensure Co-op policies are aligned and current
• keep up to date on the latest news, threats and vulnerabilities within the information security community, and be ready to react and adapt to changing processes, technologies and ways of working
This role would suit people who have
• excellent communication skills with the ability to positively influence and motivate colleagues at all levels across different business areas
• experience in writing and communicating information security policies which are easy to understand and accessible for a wide audience
• a solid understanding of policy frameworks
• a good understanding of ISO27000
• proven real-world understanding of information security best practice, changing security threats and mitigations
• evidence of working with bodies providing points of view on security risk and mitigations in creating revised policies and standards.
Here you’ll do work that matters. We’re a commercial organisation with a purpose beyond profit, you’ll have an opportunity to help us build a stronger Co-op and stronger communities. You’ll also get a package that includes:
• competitive salary
• coaching, training and support to help you develop
• pension with up to 10% employer contributions
• annual incentive scheme
• 28 days holiday (rising to 32 in line with service)
• discounts on Co-op products and services
Building an inclusive work environment
We’re actively building diverse teams and welcome applications from everyone. But simply having a diverse workforce is not enough. We aim to build an inclusive environment, where everyone can contribute their best work and develop to their full potential. We celebrate our differences, and recognise the importance of teams reflecting the communities they serve.
We can make adjustments to our interview process according to your needs. And we offer a flexible working environment so you can adjust your hours to suit your personal circumstances. You can find out more (https://colleagues.coop.co.uk/working-here/people-policies) about Co-op people policies at coop.co.uk/peoplepolicies
As part of your application you’ll need to complete an online assessment. It will take you around 12 minutes to complete this test.
Primary Location : GB-GB-Manchester