VINCI Construction UK is a national construction and facilities company and is the largest British subsidiary of VINCI. VINCI Construction UK has strong relationships with other VINCI companies and subsidiaries and, as a result, can leverage ideas, skills and entrepreneurial flair to deliver top-quality work in all sectors.
VINCI companies in the UK turn over in the region of £2 billion per annum and employ circa 9000 employees. This represents 6% of VINCI’s €38.7 billion turnover and 30% of VINCI’s European turnover outside France. VINCI employs around 185,000 people in 100 countries around the world.
VINCI Construction is recruiting for a Senior Project Manager to manage construction projects in the North West. Based out of our offices in Widnes, the Senior Project Manager will be responsible for delivering projects typically between £20m and £70m
* Resource, develop and lead a team, defining and communicating project objectives and constraints and complying with health, safety and environmental legislation, thereby delivering the end product on time, within budget and to the agreed quality.
* Maximise profit whilst endeavouring to exceed all client expectations acting as the VCUK senior site representative across the project
* Ensure individuals are aware of what is expected of them and assign individual responsibilities
* Develop individuals through coaching and training
* Management of designers, including providing direction for the design manager
* Production of information required schedules & subsequent monitoring
* Understand what BIM is, understand the implications and value proposition of BIM within the organisation
* Ensure materials, plant and sub-contractors are procured to meet targets
* Ensure that the works are undertaken in accordance with all HS&E legislation, and the site Health Safety and Environmental Plans.
* Review Health & Safety and investigate incidents, providing summary and recommendations
* Carryout periodic inspection of construction sites to ensure compliance
* Maintain strict adherence to the budgetary guidelines, quality and safety standards
* Identify the elements of project design and construction likely to give rise to disputes and claims
* Mitigate legal issues and defects liability for the business
* Communicate effectively with the contractors responsible for completing various phases of the project
* Decide on solutions to major issues and challenges
* Degree or High National in Construction Management or equivalent
* CSCS card
* Previous experience in delivering construction projects in excess of £50m
* Previous experience delivering large student accommodation projects is advantageous but not essential
25, Darlington Court, Widnes, England, Halton, WA8 7ST, United Kingdom