Mill Quality Leader
Job Title: Mill Quality Manager
Location: Northfleet, Gravesend
Full Time, Permanent
The Quality Manager is a key leadership position within a manufacturing facility with accountability to establish a robust and compliant Quality Management System (QMS) consistently capable of shipping product conforming to the finished Product Specification (FPS) and other regulatory and stakeholder requirements. In addition, this position has responsibility for managing all Quality Team staff (white and blue collar) within the facility.
Develops and deploys the facility quality plan ensuring alignment with, and cascade from, the EMEA Strategic Quality Plan.
Ensures adequate resources are available and trained to implement the facility quality plan and required day-to-day activities.
Engage with and influence the facility management team and other stakeholders such as product development, logistics and suppliers to maintain a customer-focused quality culture within the facility.
- Establishes and maintains the facility QMS, ensuring it is capable of consistently meeting K-C and other customer & / or legal and regulatory requirements.
- Ensures incoming materials match facility requirements and raw material specifications. Has authority to reject raw materials. Communicates material issues and tracks the performance of key suppliers using the SCAR (Supplier Corrective Action Request) process.
- Establishes risk-based quality control plans which support a run-to-target philosophy and identification of non-conforming (out-of-spec) product.
- Ensures Finished Product Specifications (FPS) matches manufacturing process capability.
- Ensures finished product shipped from the facility conforms to the Finished Product Specification (FPS). Has authority to hold non-conforming or potentially non-conforming product. Accountable to manage non-conforming product through Quality Board 0 & 1 processes.
- Ensures product test laboratory and on-line test areas meet requirements. All equipment is calibrated and verified. All personnel performing product testing or inspection are qualified.
- Accurately reports health of facility QMS through internal audit programs to EMEA Quality Team.
- Owns the Management Review process and manages regular management review meetings as well as maintenance of the scorecard and inputs
- Accurately reports product performance versus Finished Product Specification through appropriate product testing to EMEA Quality Team.
- Acts as the key facility interface with cross-functional teams for product development and specification verification activities (for example, Research and Manufacturing Special Runs)
- Ensures all product safety requirements are understood and managed appropriately at the facility.
- Ensures that processes are delivering on their intended outputs by selection and review of critical quality KPIs, process confirmation and Leader standard Work.
- Has accountability to manage external audits of the Mill QMS and by customers, certification bodies and regulatory authorities.
- Leads and/or oversee tasks such as recruiting, onboarding, training and talent management of Facility Quality Team members. Provides feedback, coaching and direction to team leaders and team members.
- Builds capability in self by maintaining and demonstrating appropriate knowledge and skill in quality management systems, processes and regulations.
- Establishes and maintains collaborative relationships while driving solutions to meet business needs. Develops and maintains a strong spirit of partnership.
- Conducts all communications and transactions with the utmost integrity, consistent with the KC Code of Conduct. Communicates fully with Senior Leaders, Peers, etc. with matters that are appropriate.
- Travel up to 10% of the work time
- Work is completed in manufacturing facilities. In the typical K-C manufacturing environment, depending on location, can be exposed to dust, heat, noise, moisture up to clean room environments. Proper personal protective equipment (PPE) must be worn at all times (may include safety glasses, ear protection, hair nets, beard bags (if applicable), full gowning.)
- A Bachelor’s degree in a relevant discipline, typically science or engineering related or significant quality management experience.
- A recognized quality management qualification is desirable such as ASQ Certified Quality Engineer / Quality Manager / Auditor or CQI Chartered Quality Management Professional.
- Extensive experience in a Manufacturing and relevant Quality role.
- Demonstrated people management experience.
- Working knowledge and experience with products requiring compliance to various regulatory or other technical requirements.
- Experience in an organization with Quality as a compliance function
- Understanding of key regulations and standards applicable to products made in the UK
In return for your commitment, drive and enthusiasm - we offer an attractive benefits package within a successful global business. This includes a highly competitive salary, which is negotiable depending on experience, as well as:
- Company car or car allowance
- Performance-related bonus (14%)
- Generous pension contributions
- Share scheme options
- Private healthcare
- 25 days holiday plus bank holidays as well as holiday trading options
You can also choose from our flexible benefits package which includes things like critical illness cover, travel insurance, dental cover, and many more!
Sound like the next step in your career, or want to know more? Just click apply, and I’ll be in touch!
Global VISA and Relocation Specifications:This role is available for local candidates already authorised to work in the roles country only. Kimberly-Clark will not provide relocation for this role.Primary Location
United Kingdom -NorthfleetAdditional LocationsWorker Type
Posted 5 Days Ago
Kimberly-Clark and its well-known global brands are an indispensable part of life for people in more than 150 countries. Every day, 1.3 billion people - nearly a quarter of the world's population - trust K-C brands and the solutions they provide to enhance their health, hygiene, and well-being. With brands such as Kleenex, Scott, Huggies, Pull-Ups, Kotex, and Depend, Kimberly-Clark holds No.1 or No. 2 share positions in more than 80 countries. With a 135-year history of innovation, we believe in recruiting the best people and putting them in the right jobs so that they can do their best work. If original thinking and a passion to win inspire you, come Unleash Your Power at Kimberly-Clark.