Senior Project Officer - Grade PO4 -
INTERNAL ONLY VACANCY. This post is open to existing Leeds City Council employees only. Applications will not be considered from external candidates.BEST CITY | BEST COUNCIL | BEST PLACE TO WORK
This is a great time to join our supportive and friendly team and develop a career in Housing Development working alongside our colleagues in Housing Leeds.
In late 2018, the council embarked on its largest programme of council housing development for several decades. It has already committed over £300m to the Council Housing Growth Programme (“CHGP”), and has set the programme an ambitious target of delivering at least 300 new build council homes per year going forward, representing an ongoing commitment in the region of £50-60m p.a.
In addition to this, the CHGP is delivering two programmes of direct purchases of homes from developers (£30m), and from individual homeowners (£22.5m), for inclusion in council housing stock. The CHGP is now seeking to appoint a Senior Project Officer to its delivery team.
The Council Housing Growth Team is a large team of dynamic, multidisciplinary professionals striving to deliver high quality general needs and extra care housing to meet the diverse needs of the residents of Leeds. The Council has committed to:
-Build at least 300 new build council homes per annum going forward
-To directly deliver a programme of extra care homes, to be built, managed and maintained by the council 200 extra care apartments are currently in procurement and design stages. We are also working in partnership with external providers to deliver 4 more extra care schemes across the city.
- To date, the programme has secured sites to accommodate in the region of 750 new homes, including our 3 extra care schemes.
Work is ongoing to identify further sites for inclusion in the programme- with sites for an additional c200 units being progressed through governance and approvals at present.
As Senior Project Officer in the Council Housing Growth Team you will support the delivery of complex construction projects or sub-projects. You will have a key role in in overseeing the application of project management methodology, tools, techniques and controls, ensuring the delivery of schemes which meet the needs of our communities and stakeholders.
You will contribute to effective joint working within the council and across the city and provide advice on project matters to colleagues, clients and immediate line reports, creating an organisational culture of shared accountabilities, learning and continuous improvement.
We are looking for…
1. Relevant demonstrable skills or experience at a level equivalent to APM Level C and/or APMP
2. Experience of managing non-complex projects or sub projects within large scale multi-disciplinary project, and coordinating the associated commercial approach.
3. The ability to demonstrate drive, energy , resilience and self- management skills as well as integrity, openness and awareness of others in delivering on-complex projects.
4. Excellent communication skills with the ability to influence, negotiate and to form positive relationships with a range of stakeholders and partners.
5. Experience of delivering a high level of customer satisfaction through leading non-complex projects.
6. An understanding and practical experience of complex public sector projects and commercial approach from feasibility to service delivery.
When completing the application form please evidence how you meet the above six criteria within the knowledge, skills experience/additional information section of the application form.
In return we can offer…
Membership of the Local Government Pension scheme
A generous annual leave allowance
City centre location and technical support to work from home if required
Working as a team for Leeds | Working with all communities | Being open, honest and trusted |Treating people fairly | Spending money wisely
All new Leeds City Council appointments are made subject to the satisfactory completion of a six month probationary period.We promote diversity and want a workforce that reflects the population of Leeds. Leeds City Council is a Stonewall Top 100 employer, a Mindful employer and a Disability Confident employer.
Leeds, England, West Yorkshire, LS1, United Kingdom