Senior Programmer - Game Architect, New Project
The Codemasters team are thrilled to be prototyping the
creation of a brand-new title for an entirely new dimension within our illustrious
portfolio. Fully embedded within our core driving expertise, we are embarking
on a whole new IP which will deliver exceptional multiplayer experiences to new
game audiences the world over.
Working alongside the TD as a key member
of the programming team, this is an unrivalled opportunity to flex and grow
your programming muscles and make a signature contribution in defining the architecture
of the new game. Utilizing the power of UE4 you will be tasking with applying
deep knowledge of C++ and game architecture to deliver an exceptionally
powerful, flexible engine upon which Codemasters’ renowned driving experiences
will be built.
Working in an Agile environment, you will bring the ability
to create a world class game architecture and develop productive relationships
in a highly technical, collaborative team.
includes but is not limited to: -
- Creating a core architecture that is robust, extensible, testable, easy to use and maintain for the whole team to build their work upon.
- Write high quality C++ code in a UE4 framework and help define standards and guidelines for the team with the TD.
- Identify areas that require further R&D before implementation can begin.
- Using your knowledge of a wide variety technical disciplines to ensure all game needs can be met. For example: Rapid Prototyping, Advanced 3D geometry, Animation, AI, Audio and Network systems.
- Take proactive steps to anticipate and avert technical problems, including tracking technical debt when it arises.
- Collaborating with the team and engineering leadership to find and implement mitigations.
- Liaising with external service providers, IHVs/ISVs and middleware companies if/when required
What we ask of you:-
- Solid industry experience in console game programming
- A full development cycle in a programming position on at least two shipped titles
- Advanced understanding of UE4 technology and workflows
- Wide knowledge of game architectures and advantages / disadvantages of each approach
- High level understanding of network game programming techniques
- Strong working knowledge of 3rd party development software
In return you will
- Competitive salary and an excellent package including bonus and share options
- Flexible working
- Beautiful rural location with gold-standard onsite facilities including a free gym
- Over 30 year’s experience in developing games and careers in the industry
- Exceptional peer support and knowledge-base where you can thrive
- A truly special, career-defining challenge
Undertaking this role will bring you unrivalled credentials
and offers a genuinely career-defining opportunity to influence the game
architecture of a major global title. Apply now.