Drug Science is recruiting a Project Director to join our newly established Project Twenty21 team. We are seeking an exceptional candidate who can grow with us during this time of acceleration. This role will reward an individual who is innovative and willing to expand their skills. This project is the largest of its kind in Europe. To implement such a project, we require a Project Director who will be able to provide oversight with great clarity and aforethought.
Drug Science - has seen tremendous growth in the past year and as such we have positioned ourselves amongst the primary movers of medical cannabis rollout in the UK. Drug Science and our Scientific Committee members are currently leading revolutionary developments in medicinal cannabis and psychedelic therapy in the UK, as well as representing some of the most internationally respected voices in these and related fields. In joining Drug Science, you will work alongside our incredible Scientific Committee, world experts in drug research and policy. You will join a dedicated community of academics, clinicians, practitioners, individuals with lived experience and members of the general public working together towards our vision – to see a world where drug policy is rational and evidencebased; where drug use is better informed and drug users are understood; where drugs are used to heal not harm.
Project Twenty21 - is a national medical cannabis real-world registry, aiming to enrol up to 20,000 patients by the end of 2021, creating the largest body of evidence for the effectiveness and tolerability of medical cannabis. It aims to demonstrate to policymakers that medical cannabis should be widely available and affordable, alongside other approved medicines, for patients who would benefit from them. The Drug Science goal is ultimately to accelerate access for patients who may benefit from medical cannabis.
As the Project Director, you will be expected to collaborate with the Drug Science team and all external stakeholders to successfully manage and deliver the project. The project has already begun; however, the role would cover the whole project lifecycle.
• We are looking for a talented strategist to oversee all aspects of delivery for Project Twenty21.
• The successful candidate will thrive off the responsibility of defining a clear project design and delivering this project with robust and scientifically coherent methods.
• The project would benefit from a candidate who is confident at building strong relationships with stakeholders and other teams using excellent communication skills both verbally and written.
• The role will be expected to build on new business with clients, including NHS organisations and private sector clients within the UK and internationally.
• A candidates’ knowledge and understanding of medicinal cannabis is not vital, however, a strong background in this area would be beneficial.
The role will be conducted remotely. However, routine visits to London will be necessary.
Additionally, we take our social responsibility seriously. By joining the Drug Science team you will be doing so with the knowledge that we are independent of government and corporate persuasion.
If you are as excited about this as we are, we want to meet you. Please email [email protected] with a covering letter and CV no later than the closing date of 4 March 2020.
Project Director – Twenty21
The Project Director will take overall responsibility for the project plan and its implementation. They will lead the project team with oversight from the CEO, alongside the Twenty21 Scientific Oversight Board and Twenty21 Advisory Board. The Project Director will also be the key interface and liaison between Drug Science and external stakeholders.
• Manage key external relationships
• Provide operational oversight and implementation
• Maintain smooth running of the multi-sector collaboration
• Oversee data management and reporting, including publications
• Line manage the Twenty21 team members
• Develop and agree an implementation strategy with all Twenty21 stakeholders
• Work with patient organisations to identify potential patients that will best benefit from treatment.
• Maintain key strategic relationships externally that are core to the project’s success. Specifically; MHRA, NHSE, NICE, NIHR, DHSC
• Develop and implement project rules of engagement to follow when engaging with internal stakeholders
• Prepare and present management information and progress reports, reporting to the Advisory Board
• Alongside the Communications Manager, agree and implement a communications plan with input from internal stakeholders
• 5+ years’ experience in management
• Highly skilled and effective people manager (including remote management) with proven ability to deliver great results through a strong team
• Outstanding listening, written and oral communication skills
• Experienced in risk management and mitigation
• Ability to effectively represent the organisation in diverse contexts
• A genuine interest and understanding in the potential therapeutic benefits of medical cannabis
• Comfortable with unknowns and uncertainty in complex, fast-moving environments
• Ability to multitask, with a strong bias towards initiative and self-management and a growth mindset Desired:
• Knowledge of the potential therapeutic benefits of medical cannabis
• Experience of working with health care/life science industry
• Experience working in multi-partner collaborations
• Experience working in both for-profit and non-profit organisations
• The position is full time (37.5 hours a week) and will be remotely based.
• Regular travel and occasional overnight stays will be expected.
• Salary commensurate with experience