We have an exciting opportunity available for a Mobile Plumber - Environmental to join our team across the Merseyside area. You will join us on a full time, permanent basis (40 hours per week) and in return, you will receive a competitive salary of £25,000 per annum.
SPIE UK is a leading provider of vital multi-technical services. Our customers rely on us for a complete solution to their needs. We specialise in lifetime support, from design through construction to maintenance, repair and operation. With the emphasis on green technology, we are forward-thinking, innovative and committed to adding value to every project. We believe there is always a better way.
About the Mobile Plumber - Environmental role:
You will carry out Legionella plumbing services, Planned Preventative Maintenance (PPM) and Remedial Works. You will be required to monitor, evaluate and train service teams on all legionella contracts across Merseyside to meet legionella, legislative requirements and carry out site legionella risk assessments.
Key responsibilities as our Mobile Plumber - Environmental will include:
- To Ensure that the following Remedial Works are carried out in accordance with the requirements of ACOP L8, HSG 274, BS806 and the Water Supply (Water Fittings) Regulations & Byelaws:
- Installing Thermostatic Mixer Valves
- Repairing or replacing water heaters
- Removal of dead-legs (redundant pipework or water service) or other unwanted water services
- Insulating water storage tanks and its associated pipe work
- Re-configuration of pipe work within a cold water storage tank
- Installing / replacing ball valve
- Installing insect and rodent screens on cold water storage tanks
- Enter and maintain all information on any worksheets issued by Help Desk, include details as to action taken and hours expended and return completed job sheets promptly
- To monitor workload and technicians are completing tasks as per client KPI`s
- Update Central SPIE systems by the use of Laptop and PDA
Essential personal traits required to become our Mobile Plumber - Environmental:
- Teamwork - actively contributes to the team and strives to improve teams’ effectiveness.
- Planning, Organising & Executing – able to understand the priorities, plan and organise the work and manage own time to deliver within the expected timescales.
- Communication – communicates clearly and concisely, ensuring understanding of all relevant information.
- Adaptability – is responsive and open to changing circumstance.
- Self Motivation and Development– is confident in own ability and is motivated to deliver.
- Customer Awareness – responsive to the needs of the customer and aims to deliver customer satisfaction.
Essential skills and experience required to become our Mobile Plumber - Environmental:
- NVQ Level 2-3 (Plumbing 6019) or City & Guilds (Plumbing) or recognised equivalent
- Working understanding of L8 ACOP, HSG 274 part 2, 3 and Fluid Categories
- Experience in a similar role with a background in Water Management/Legionella
- Sound understanding of Health and Safety Legislation
- Must be capable of working in confined spaces/at height
- Ability to interface with people, including clients, at all levels
- Supervisory experience in a legionella environment
- Working across contracts outside of Merseyside occasionally
- Good IT skills, i.e. using PDA and Laptop
- Qualified Legionella Risk assessor with several years’ experience in a similar role (Desirable)
- Full Legionella Training provided as required
If you think you have the relevant skills to become our Mobile Plumber - Environmental please click apply now
38, Exchange Street East, Liverpool, England, Merseyside, L2 3PS, United Kingdom