Vacancy Reference: AMK-ENGS-LVP-AM-2006
Job Title: Engineering Supervisor
Job Type: Full-Time; Permanent
We are Servest, part of the Atalian Servest Group. As experts in facilities management, we create environments which enable people to deliver exceptional experiences to help organisations to be more efficient, effective and sustainable.
We currently have a great opportunity for an Engineering Supervisor to join the team. Working on a specific contract, the successful candidate will be responsible for the provision of first line supervision within a new regional Centre. The role will be a working supervisory role. The supervisor will still be expected to also undertake core engineering maintenance and reactive works whilst providing excellent customer service to our client. The role will involve the witness and commissioning of all elements of the installation of the building through to completion of the project before handover to Atalian Servest as the FM partner to the client.
Main duties and responsibilities will include but are not limited to:
* To co-ordinate and manage the operations of the engineering teams ensuring full utilisation of all resource including call out rotas, holidays and sickness.
* Communicate promptly with the Helpdesk and contract management in all matters regarding the Work Order Process, including acceptance, attendance and completion of all tasks.
* Ensure that planned maintenance is carried out to all building plant, equipment and systems to meet and exceed expectations and agreed service level agreements.
* Ensure that Method Statements and Risk Assessments are prepared for all tasks carried out to ensure safe working practices
* Ensure that engineering subcontractors are appropriately supervised, and comply with contractual commitments, and site operating processes.
* Comply and co-operate with any reasonable request made by the Company to allow it to fulfil its legal and moral duties in respect of health and safety matters.
* Provide full co-operation regarding health and safety matters to enable those individuals with specific or general duties to comply with them.
* Conduct tasks in a safe manner and follow the requirements of any instructions or safe systems of work provided.
* Ensure awareness of site procedures in addition to Atalian Servest`s own, and that any contradiction is covered by assessment and permission prior to proceeding with any work.
* Ensure any other employees and/or sub-contractors under their direction are instructed in relation to any safe systems of work.
* Report any hazards which cannot be rectified immediately to the appropriate person for action and if necessary take immediate remedial action
* Ensure all accidents, dangerous occurrences or near misses which occur in area of responsibility are reported via the AIR-Line system, investigated and recorded.
* Ensure that all personal protective equipment is used, maintained and stored in the correct manner.
* Ensure all equipment and facilities under their control are maintained in safe working order without risk to health.
* -Ensure compliance with all emergency arrangements communicated
Skills, Experience and Qualifications:
* Technically qualified.
* Strong understanding of Building Services Infrastructure.
* Strong background in Technical Facilities Management with an electrical/ mechanical bias.
* Minimum 5 years` experience.
* Sound understanding of H&S, Environment, QA procedures, and experience of supervising and developing operational teams.
* Broad knowledge of computerized FM and maintenance management systems.
* Good level of IT skills - MS office and associated technical software.
* Experience of supervising an engineering team to achieve the improvement in standards from Great to Brilliant.
* Good level of presentation, facilitation and interpersonal skills.
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
* Ability to develop solutions to new problems as they arise, including effective planning and `win win` solutions. Owning and maintaining issues, demonstrating management skills and capabilities.
* Ability to influence and hold a position in a debate, commanding credibility and managing expectations attending contract client meetings representing his/her region.
* An excellent team player and leader with the ability to "set the tone" for the team and drive all persons in a positive and proactive manner.
This role may require Disclosure Scotland, Baseline or other similar security clearance.
Hours and Environment
The post will for 40 hours per week, based in Liverpool. Working hours are from 08am to 5pm Monday to Friday, however additional overtime may also be required to meet the needs of the business. You will also be required to work an on-call rota.
We are an equal opportunities employer and rely on diversity to deliver on our goals. We actively encourage applications from talented and qualified individuals regardless of race, gender, nationality.
*** STRICTLY NO AGENCIES