Zoomo is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
Founded in Sydney in 2017, as a side hustle, co-founders Mina and Michael went full time in 2019 and in the short period since, Zoomo has raised over $16M and built world leading utility e-bikes and a disruptive business model for their distribution and maintenance. We're a fast growing tech start up with a global footprint across the US, Australia, and the UK and are now the trusted partner of some of the world's leading companies like Uber, DoorDash, Dexus and many more.
We are transitioning billions of urban miles from bikes, cars and trucks to smart e-bikes. eBikes are more efficient, more sustainable and now, easily accessible.
We move fast and score goals. We seek honest feedback. And we respect the individual.
As the UK Supply Chain & Logistics Manager, you will take full responsibility for developing the best-in-class supply chain and logistics processes for the UK (and potentially Europe as we expand).
Your responsibilities will include:
- Inventory Management: Roll-out inventory management processes and tools for the UK and manage inventory forecasting and ordering to assure part and bikes availability at all time while optimising inventory cost.
- Logistics: Responsible for in-bound logistics, custom clearance and delivery process as well as out-bound logistics and distribution across the UK or between workshops with a clear focus on cost efficiency.
- Warehousing & Expansion: Assess and execute on warehousing solutions as Zoomo scale and expend regionally, support setup of supply chain to the new areas.
- Vendor Management: Manage regional bike and parts vendors relationship and ordering process for timely execution of the regional supply plan.
- Process excellence: Develop and implement standard operational standards (up to and including assembly) and procedures to ensure maximum customer satisfaction, profitability, health and safety and compliance with local and state rules and regulations.
- Quality & Warranty: Support roll-out of warranty and quality processes, manage and report warranty and quality issues - directly to regional supplier, centrally to global supplier
- Team & Network: build a high performing team capable of delivering undiscontinued supply to fast growing regional expansion at competitive cost and a solid network of partners capable of scaling at Zoomo pace without compromising supply performance.
- Cost: identify, prioritise and implement immediate cost saving initiatives across the supply chain to support sustainable scalability.
- 4-6+ years of working experience with a demonstrated track record of delivering supply in full and on time
- Supply chain experience required
- Engineering background highly regarded
- Data-driven in your decision making with sound business judgement
- Ability to take initiative in a constantly-changing work environment
- Experience in creating and optimizing processes
- Strong communication and organization skills
- Self-starter with a positive “can-do” attitude
- Leader by example, able to motivate, inspire and create an inclusive & supportive work environment for all
- You’re a patient teacher and have a passion for empowering others
- Relevant industry (cycling, food delivery, mobility, technology) experience is preferred
- Alignment with Zoomo's vision and purpose
- Track record of “getting things done , Know when you have enough insight to make-a-call and apply the 80 / 20 rule – rapid high-quality decisions
- Analytical - Able to ‘think big’ as well as execute ‘on-the-fly’
- Strategic thinker - Can stay one step ahead when thinking about the impact of the changes
- Adaptable fixer - enthusiastic, flexible & adaptable with the ability to remove barriers & bottlenecks via facilitation, creativity & resourcefulness.
- Can build “stuff” - approaches, processes, tools and change methodologies
- Inquisitive - infectiously curious, thoughtful and happy to question the status-quo
- Has fun and enjoys working in a collaborative environment.
We are a startup in every sense of the word. Expect autonomy, visibility, breakneck pace, ground breaking technology, barriers to overcome, problems to pursue. Do you want to be part of a huge growth story, lead the charge and smash through barriers? Do you get your energy from seeing the direct impact of your work on customers who need our solution? If so, we want to talk to you!
At Zoomo, we offer:
- The chance to be part of an organisation in hyper-growth mode with plenty of opportunity for personal development
- Flexible workplace with a team of extraordinary, motivated and fun co-workers
- Autonomy and ownership of the work you do, with flexible hours
- The full support of an experienced management team in helping you meet your targets and your professional development goals via daily contact, weekly check-ins, in-person workshops, etc.
- Comprehensive remuneration package and benefits