Our client works in close partnership with local authorities, private sector funders and landowners and registered providers, and delivers thousands of much needed new homes across the country each year.
They currently have an exciting opportunity for an Assistant QS to join their team.
Providing support to the Quantity Surveying team regarding a variety of commercial and contractual activities.
* To assist the QS team with commercial administration and management on a number of live projects or projects at pre-construction phase
* To measure all works accurately
* Assist the QS department in the preparation of final accounts
* Assist with sub-contract procurement
* Management and control of sub-contract accounts and variation accounts
* General day to day administrative duties
* Preparation of documentation and the like for valuation, procurement and commercial administration
* Assisting and liaising with the buyers on materials procurement and buying opportunities
* To support the QS team with in the management of the day to day cost control, monitoring and reporting
* Maximise value and minimise cost
* Develop an understanding of the designated contract, specification and pricing ensuring compliance with conditions throughout
* Assist the QS team with sub-contractor selection and ensure the chosen sub-contractor has the appropriate order and information to carry out their work
* Measure progress, assist in submitting valuations, final accounts and retention release and monitor receipt of payment in a timely manner
* Sufficiently manage the financial aspects of the project to ensure the correct safety equipment is used at all times
* Be responsible for your safety and others around you
* Attend project and company related meetings
* To liaise with all staff, clients, consultants and residents in a professional manner
* Any other reasonable management request
What we are looking for:
* An assistant Quantity Surveyor in possession of a Quantity Surveying degree and/or working towards a Quantity Surveying degree, or similar.
* Work effectively within a team environment.
* Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
* Work proactively with a keen interest in developing a career within the industry.
* Be collaborative, forward thinking and enthusiastic
Maximum Salary :
38, Exchange Street East, Liverpool, England, Merseyside, L2 3PS, United Kingdom