Head of Fundraising role suited to a wildlife enthusiast extraordinaire…
Job Title: Head of Fundraising
Location: Home Based with some travel to London for meetings etc.
Salary: Circa £50,000 full time equivalent per annum
Contract type: Permanent (will consider part or full-time)
We think that this charity is doing very special work…
With it’s feet firmly in the conservation of an endangered species, this charity is innovative and successful but funding is required to scale up and roll out programmes into those parts of Africa where human wildlife conflict still exists.
Funding mostly comes from the USA, managed by a small team based in Washington DC, with affiliates in the UK, Canada, Italy, France and Australia, run by volunteers. Income is also generated in Africa through paying guests, internships and eco-tourism. They wish to raise awareness in the UK and raise additional much needed funds.
What will be keeping you busy?
The Board of Trustees seeks to engage a Head of Fundraising to generate funds from high net worth philanthropists and their families, corporates, events, trusts and legacies. This is a home based, part time consulting role reporting into the UK Trustee.
The Board has ambitious growth targets over the coming five years and this role will play a key part in enabling the UK to raise substantial funds to support the work of the charity throughout Africa in the conservation of this endangered animal.
* To review and build on the prospecting plan
* Seek deeper insight into prospects’ motivations, networks and capacity to maximise chances of engagement, and develop strategic areas such as geographical fundraising, social investment modelling, giving groups etc
* Develop strategic, two-way, face-to-face relationships with key donors
* Identify corporate entities that fit with the ethos and values of the brand and explore potential partnerships
* Review the potential for high profile events, working with the voluntary team to deliver these, and explore the upside of using our Royal Patron and our other patrons to host these events
* Create communications and presentations of funds work
* Develop annual strategic and operational programme plans and budgets and report against them as required
* Responsible for own financial monitoring and targeting, and reporting on monthly, quarterly and annual forecasts
* Manage and maintain an accurate and up-to-date database that underpins the administration of the programme, conforming to the Data Protection Act
* Ensure the timely and appropriate transfer of income to the field, liaising with the Trusts UK Treasurer and African General Manager
* Be open to exploring how to make better use of digital communications where it can help, working with the voluntary social media team.
Who are we looking for?
We are looking for a highly experienced fundraising manager who has the ability to develop relationships with the right high net worth prospects. You will be able to develop great fundraising strategies, sound proposals for submission to the trusts, compelling presentations and bespoke communications.
On top of that we are seeking real imagination when it comes to creating and managing must attend events.
It goes without saying that we also expect strong IT skills, the ability to manage systems, use all aspects of social media and the ability to build insight into new trends.
The right candidate has the opportunity to work from a home base with flexibility around part-time or full-time hours.
Why not submit your CV and if you have time perhaps you provide us with a brief cover note and we can tell you more about this great charity