At Sanctuary Care, we believe in providing high quality care homes where people are looked after with the utmost dignity and respect. It goes without saying that kindness is what care is all about, so first and foremost, we carefully choose our staff for their kind and compassionate nature. We aim to care, nurture and enrich the lives of all in our 'family' at Sanctuary Care, whether that's our staff, residents or family members. Bank Care Team Leader Birchwood Court Residential Care Home, Seaside Lane, Easington Colliery, Peterlee, County Durham £9.73 per hour Various options available including; days, evenings, nights & alternate weekends Remove if specifically for days/nights Why work for us?
We spend so much time at work don't we, so our ethos at Sanctuary Care is to enrich the lives of both our residents and staff. Let's have some fun while we're at work, support each other and work hard as a team. There's loads of training and promotion opportunities available for those who want to pursue it and every day job satisfaction at Birchwood Court for all regardless of role.
Sanctuary Care has over 100 care homes and you can 'feel' the difference a team makes the moment you step through one of our doors. The team at Birchwood Court is special and we're looking for special people to join us. Become a part of it and apply for this role. Where you'll work
The new cinema room has been a huge hit with our residents, who as well as watching the old classics, are very fond of more modern films like Mama Mia. When this is on verses of Abba songs can be heard through Birchwood Court. There is also a popcorn machine with old fashioned cardboard cartons. Our residents are presented with cinema tickets showing the day's movie. They hand these in as they enter, as they would have done at their local cinema before moving into residential care. Again it is a lovely way to go back to the good old days, especially for our residents living with dementia. The new games room at Birchwood Court is a real social hub, with games machines, a pool table, jukebox, board and card games and even giant skittles.
Click here for more information about the home. Are you our next Care Team Leader? Here's more about the role:
As a Care Team Leader, you will look after the day-to-day needs of our residents, whilst showing compassion, care and commitment to having a positive impact on their lives. You will work with a team of like-minded individuals, all with a desire to ensuring that our residents are comfortable in their home. You will also support Care Assistants in their development.
What skills do I need?
- First and foremost - we work together as a team to enrich our residents' lives - let's support our colleagues too and have fun in the process
- We give the highest quality of personalised care to our residents in line with their individual care plans
- Leisure and social activities are a really important part of the day - let's get stuck in
- It's very simple - if we can be the best Care Team Leader we can be by being kind and supportive in every way to our residents, their families and our colleagues, then we're all doing a great job.
Benefits and rewards
- Team work! A happy team, makes for happy residents and a happy home
- Experience in care is an essential requirement and it is essential that you are willing to work towards or are qualified to Level 3 NVQ or equivalent in the relevant area
- Being able to communicate well is essential along with a flexible approach
- You will also be kind and have a real genuine like for older people and their needs, ensuring we treat everyone with the respect and dignity they deserve.
We know you work so hard and being the best Care Team Leader you can be needs to be rewarded. We are very proud to offer the following:
- 20 days annual leave plus bank holidays (pro rata)
- Life assurance
- CQC performance bonus
- Overtime enhancement
- Occupational sick pay after qualifying period
- Excellent training and development opportunities
- Refer a friend scheme with payment of up to £750 available
- Contributory pension from Sanctuary Care
- Access to a free 24/7 support service providing support including legal, financial, emotional and medical advice
- Discounts on shopping, holidays, cinema, dining, days out and much more via 'My Rewards'
- Criminal Records Checks are funded by Sanctuary Care.
We hope you feel you could be our next team member. If you'd like to know more about the role before you apply, please call us for a chat on 01915 279741and quote Ref: 77223 Closing date: 22 July 2020
We might get a lot of applications so reserve the right to withdraw this advertisement at any time. Don't miss out, please apply early. Building Equality and Diversity
We work closely with the Home Office in order to prevent illegal working.
An enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service check will be necessary in the event of a successful application which we will pay for.
Sanctuary Care Limited is a subsidiary of Sanctuary Housing Association, an exempt charity.