Imerys is a world leader in creating specialty solutions that improve everyday life through minerals. Our success is built on our people, and creating an environment where our 17,800 employees around the globe can thrive. We passionately believe that our teams are at their best when they have the opportunity to learn, collaborate and find new ways to solve our customers’ challenges, no matter what part of the business they are in.
We can offer you a variety of work and real opportunities to make an impact and be part of our evolution. If you want to grow your skills and develop your career, find out more at The Position
Project Services Manager Job Summary
- Lead, manage and develop the FiberLean Project Services function and team, including a Document Controller, and in the future driven by project work-load, a Planner and Cost Engineer, plus external inspectors/expeditors.
- Develop and manage the relationship between Projects & Operations, Procurement and Finance, to align and enhance the services provided by this team to the organisation.
- Support the preparation of feasibility studies (FEL 1) / preliminary (FEL 3) design work for potential new opportunities, including development of CAPEX/ OPEX cost estimates, preparing and managing capital expediture requests, setting up project control budgets, supporting currency hedging strategies, collating cost control and forecasting data in support of, and coordination with, the Project Director / Manager and Finance Team.
- Provide document control, expediting/inspection planning and coordination services for multiple projects, in support of the project programs, and in coordination with the Project Director/Manager and Procurement Manager.
- Prepare Project Services strategies, schedules, manhour estimates for new opportunities, preliminary/budgetary initially and firm for final Project Capital Expense Autorisation (CER) stage, within time and budget constraints.
- Lead efforts to optimise the capital and operational costs of process plants through excellence in project services.
- Support the Project Director/Manager with analysis of the cost / schedule / deliverables performance on projects, including variances, scope changes. Furthermore, help develop and maintain project scope change and variance logs
- Support the Project, Procurement and Finance Teams with currency hedging strategies and execution.
- Support the Project, Procurement and Finance Teams with any claims.
- Develop and maintain a current knowledge and experience in Finance, Projects Accounting, Document Management as well as Inspection and Expediting.
- Develop and maintain FiberLean Project Services procedures and standards.
- Maintain awareness of relevant project and financial legislation and important changes thereto.
- Maintain a current knowledge in the following health and safety aspects : LOTOTO (Lock out, Tag Out, Try Out), RAMs (Risk and Method Statements), SMOW (Safe Methods of Work), Confined Space Entry, Working at Heights, Stored Energy, Forklift Safety, Suspended Loads, BBS (Behavioural Based Safety) and other Fiberlean health and safety practices.
- In conjunction with the Project Director/Manager develop Project Quality Plans for internal FiberLean projects, including the Inspection & Test Plan and then coordinate the Inspections, appropriate FATs (Factory Acceptance Tests) and Witness Tests, and release of equipment/materials for delivery.
- Support capture of the “learnings” from each plant built to inform the design of future plants.
- Manage and report progress, opportunities and risks (cost, schedule, quality, performance) at the appropriate time and in appropriate detail.
Anticipate problems before they occur and take the necessary action to avoid or mitigate the consequences. Escalate to more senior management if necessary.
BSc or Masters degree in Mechanical, Chemical or Electrical Engineering or other relevant qualification. Proven experience in industrial process sector. Experience in the cost control and forecasting is essential with experience in planning, document control, inspection/expediting beneficial. Position Type
Only technical issues will be monitored through the below inbox:
[email protected] imerys.comIMERYS is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer and it is our policy to not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, disability, veteran status, or any other status protected by federal, state or local laws.
PLEASE DO NOT SUBMIT RESUMES OR APPLICATIONS TO THIS EMAIL, AS THEY WILL NOT BE REVIEWED.
To ensure fairness and legal compliance in our recruitment processes, only applications received through the online application process will be considered.